Another bike Versys 1000LT SE

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
It has been about four and a half years since I owned a NT700. Sold it for a FJR, Then got a V-Strom, then got a Versys X300 and then bought a Versys 1000LT. had all four of these bikes at one time. Was a bit crowded in the garage. Well I finally was able to down size a bit. This past week I traded the 2015 Versys 1000LT and the 2014 V-Strom for the new upgraded with all the electronic goodies 2019 Versys 1000LT SE. I am now down to two and a half bikes. The FJR, Verys X300 and the new Versys 1000SE. What a great bike it is, the electronic features are too numerous to mention here. But the main item are Cruise, Heated Grips, Electronic suspension, traction control etc etc. Expensive... Yes but it will most likely be the last big bike I own. And as a good friend of mine say "One never sees a U-Haul at the cemetery.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Congrats :) happy riding ...

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yeah, we all just assumed there was no way to take it with us.....sigh....so what does the new bike weigh? 586 with bags? Looks like a police bike! Saw the List price and choked...how much did they give you for the Suzuki? seat height looks a bit taller than the FJR. But probably feels lighter. The stepped seat is interesting..but I am wondering how hard it is to swing a leg over the step? ..How hard is it to put on the center stand?

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
It is about 80 to 100 pounds lighter than the FJR. Does not feel as front heavy as the FJR. Wife calls it the Flying Nun. Good if people think it is a police bike.😊 They gave me about 600 buck less than what I could have sold the Suzukif for privately. Yes it is taller than the FJR. I step up on the left peg and then swing the leg over. Not worried about the pillion seat. I ride solo. It just jumps up on the centerstand. Very little effort.

Last edited:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I'm envious. You have always had good bikes, but this one looks like something special. Don't let your battery go dead on that one though. Congratulations.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
It is about 80 to 100 pounds lighter than the FJR. Does not feel as front heavy as the FJR. Wife calls it the Flying Nun. Good if people think it is a police bike.😊 They gave me about 600 buck less than what I could have sold the Suzukif for privately. Yes it is taller than the FJR. I step up on the left peg and then swing the leg over. Not worried about the pillion seat. I ride solo. It just jumps up on the centerstand. Very little effort.
The pillion is interesting as I use a duffle bag back there and being higher would make access to the side bags easier. Looking like a police bike probably wont hurt. All the years I worked on them, not one troop had a problem with vandalism that I had to deal with. Get an 18 inch stalk and put a fake blue light on it and everyone will stay clear of you. I like the center stand ease. Just give people the "look" and they will stay away from you. 13871

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I should put letters on the front fairing that says POLITE. People only read the first three letters. Put them on the bike reversed image and backwards so it is readable to the driver in the rearview mirror. 😊

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yup! "The Look" would scare the hell out of me....

:eek:

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
The pillion is interesting as I use a duffle bag back there and being higher would make access to the side bags easier. Looking like a police bike probably wont hurt. All the years I worked on them, not one troop had a problem with vandalism that I had to deal with. Get an 18 inch stalk and put a fake blue light on it and everyone will stay clear of you. I like the center stand ease. Just give people the "look" and they will stay away from you. 13871
This is the look that scares the hell out of people.:p

A friend of mine bought a police bike with a sidecar attached. He was told that he would have to repaint it or he would be charged with impersonating a police officer. He changed the word police to polite and they couldn't do a thing to him. I'll bet 90% of the people that saw the bike never even noticed that it said polite.

Bike
2010 red NT700 1983 VF750
We should all write polite on our bikes simply because they are Honda's. You meet the nice's people on a Honda! 😁 I just couldn't resist!

Top Bottom