Another Black Hills Loop

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Saturday I rode about 150 miles taking a different loop through the Black Hills. I left Newcastle southbound on US-85 and rode down to Mule Creek Junction, where I took US-18 to Edgemont and Hot Springs, SD. Then north out of Hot Springs on US-385 through Wind Cave National Park to Pringle and Custer.

Saw bison in the NP, deer outside of it and bighorn sheep on the edge of the road near Hells Canyon on the west side of Jewel Cave NM. The deer continue to act as if they've been trained to move away from the highway when cars approach. I don't think I'll trust that to the extent of letting collision avoidance be totally on the deer, but I've been impressed by it so far here in the Black Hills.

It was hotter, getting up close to 80F (Oh! The Agony of It All!) but cooled down to mid-50s before I got home just at sunset.

Attachments

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Good for you Phil - two great rides in two days. So much for being un-retired.

Phil, just so you will be aware they are working on Iron Mountain road and are supposed to start soon on Needles highway, not supposed to close them but it sure could slow things up.

Top Bottom