Another Day, Another Ride

tawilke46

Spent the last two days doing some catch up on scheduled maintenance for the NT. Including the oil and filter change (Amsoil 10W30, K&N filter), fresh coolant (Engine Ice), and replaced the rear drive gear oil (Mobil One 75W90).
I modified the right inside cowl so I could change coolant without full removal by removing the plastic tab over the radiator cap. Tidyed up the wiring and hoses inside the tupperware, checked all hoses and clamps, bolts for any loose ones. Anyway.........took the NT out today and the bike never ran better. Shifts better, runs quieter, seems to be a happier bike!
It was so quiet where I stopped to take these photos, I was amazed. No traffic at all, simply amazing!
And such perfect day to ride to boot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good ride. It's always good to have confidence in your bike. And the TLC you gave it prior was rewarded by a good ride. Thanks for the report.

On the other hand my NT is way overdue for a valve inspection, and is in need of an oil change too. But I did neither - I just went for a ride and had a good one too. Oh, ya, I need to work on the pannier latches too - again.

Sorry, no photos of my lack of maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom