Another personal note

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Wind storm today. Red flag warning. A transformer exploded and started a fire behind our house, Luckily, the wind pushed it away from us. Evacs lifted for now. A fire fighter came by and said to not worry about some flairups as they were burning some brush piles. Frustrating to live 8 miles away from a major fire base and there are so many fires burning so the planes are away.....pray for our fire fighters.
fire 1.jpg

Jemenitenitlintly!!! We haven't had any that weren't prescribed burns so far in eastern Colorado.

Fire is now 80 acrers. Bless the 80 fire fighters who came out and helped. The bull dozer made the difference.
wildfire rambo.jpg

On the national news yesterday they said that drought conditions are far worse this year in the western states than they were in 2020 so it's likely to be a dreadful summer. :-(

On the national news yesterday they said that drought conditions are far worse this year in the western states than they were in 2020 so it's likely to be a dreadful summer. :-(
It not looking pretty. We are 4 inches down for the year in a semi arid climate.
Here is the view this morning of the crews mopping up. This was taken one mile east of my house looking SW. Fire came over ridge. Dozer was able to build a fire line and save houses. 4 departments answered the call...80 fire fighters.....This area burned in Firestorm 1991....or was it Firestorm 1996? They are running together. If I was healthy, I would drop even more trees.....the power company has left too many trees too close to the power lines. Too many arsonists about. Thankfully, it is cool and no wind this morning.
fire 6 6.JPG

Transformers handle a bunch of energy. Lightning took out a pole transformer that fed my house several years back. Between it and the thunder it will get your attention. I worked at a power plant where a fault occurred and the transformer (quite large) that feeds power into the plant exploded. I was 50-75 yards away. That was a biggie, not much left of the transformer afterword. It gave about 2-3 seconds of a warning growl as it ate itself before the explosion.

Here in Arkansas instead of your dry weather this year has been unusually wet. Just this morning more flash flood warnings were issued for the counties just south and west of here. Nothing bad right here, so far just a nuisance that keeps coming back. All the rain is keeping it cool though, I guess that is the silver lining.

Arknt

Anything orange and darker is not good......Idaho and Eastern MT got a bit of rain this week. 🙏
drought.jpg

We’re dry here too. Some fires in the Boundry Waters Canoe Area. Nothing much local.
But I re-seeded a bunch of my hay field. No rain. I think what I just did is feed the birds and mice and waste diesel fuel.

We’re dry here too. Some fires in the Boundry Waters Canoe Area. Nothing much local.
But I re-seeded a bunch of my hay field. No rain. I think what I just did is feed the birds and mice and waste diesel fuel.
No big fires in the BWAC. Wisconsin doesnt look too bad yet. Few ticks and no mosquitos here and not one yellow jacket queen in my trap yet....very odd
It will be good to get back to Oshkosh this year.
a jim.jpg

Back
Top Bottom