Another seating option

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
I took a chance on taking the stock saddle off my C14 and having it reworked and recovered by a local guy who was running an ad on CL. It worked out great for me. What started as an uncomfortable seat turned into a very comfortable one. Although I used an Airhawk pad for a couple days during my recent 4800+ mile ride, I rode on just the reworked seat for over 3600 miles of the trip and found it more comfortable. I never got the least bit sore.
The guy took off the old covering, expanded the saddle width for the rider, added custom foam per my specs, created a custom cover for the reworked seat and I had it back in my possession in two days. All for $200. Probably the best $200 in farkles I've ever spent!
image.jpg

If anyone is interested, I still have the nearly-new stock seat from my NT that you can have for free if you would like to try the same thing. (I made the mistake of buying a Corbin before trading in the NT.) You can use the guy I used here in Richmond, VA and have him ship it to you. Or, I can ship it to you as is and you can have someone local give it a try. For the cost of aftermarket seats, I recommend giving this a try.
Either way, shipping would be at your cost.

--Jeff

Last edited:
OP
OP
vacanefan
Bike
What is the shipping charge and I will take the seat. PM sent
Chuck, I'm not sure, but I can go to UPS this week with the seat and find out what the cost would be. I am assuming that UPS would be cheaper than the USPS?

(PM not yet received, but sometimes they have a little lag time before they pop up)

--Jeff

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Chuck, I'm not sure, but I can go to UPS this week with the seat and find out what the cost would be. I am assuming that UPS would be cheaper than the USPS?

(PM not yet received, but sometimes they have a little lag time before they pop up)

--Jeff
Great, Sometimes USPS is cheaper then UPS. So if you have the time please check both. It depends on the size of the box.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The big hangup on shipping the NT seat is the length, not the weight since it has a plastic base. When I sent my seat to Spencers (OH-to-FL) I seem to recall the cost was around $40+ in both directions via UPS Ground.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a stock seat, too. I'd be happy to let someone use it to have an upgrade done.

OP
OP
vacanefan
Bike
Chuck,
I just sent you a PM. It seems that my inbox was full of old saved messages, preventing me from sending or receiving PM's. All should be good now.

--Jeff

Top Bottom