Anyone have experience with this lowering kit?

GregO

Just bought this lowering kit... Should arrive early June.

Anyone have a good or bad xperience with these?
Tough finding a lowering kit.... Most seem for the Deauville out of Europe.
This one seems to be shipping from the US
I hope this on will work.

Hyperpro Rear Lowering Kit - Height Adjustment Kit To Lower The Bike Lowering Kit -35 Mm Motorbyke Honda Nt 700 V Deauville

venture93

I installed a lowering kit in 2010 on my NT, think it came out of germany (the only one available at the time). Was simply a different "eye" for the end of the shock. Was able to get the shock out without removing the rear tire, i know that doesn't look possible but it was. Had i known what i was up against i would have ordered 2 replacement seals for the needle bearing that has to be pushed out of the old eye and in to the new one. Also needed to shorten the kickstand, don't know how much overall because i did it in several small increments. Like how the bike feels after the kit, but it is a real bear to get up on the centerstand now. Easier to put the GL-1800 on the centerstand.....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Venture93, have you thought about shortening the centerstand?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[just bought this lowering kit...anyone have a good or bad xperience with these?]

There is plenty of feedback on the lowering kit in the appropriate folder.

venture93

I rarely used the centerstand anyway and decided for me it wasn't worth the time it would take to shorten it, besides i'm using an automotive oil filter that is longer so i can't use the centerstand now anyway. Be easy to return the bike to original if i decided to sell it to someone taller by simply adding a riser to the kickstand and re-installing the old eye. Appreciate the input though.

kenstone

"Hyperpro Rear Lowering Kit - Height Adjustment Kit To Lower The Bike Lowering Kit -35 Mm Motorbyke Honda Nt 700 V Deauville"
This is a different brand that Grego is asking about, and I cannot find any info about this brand anywhere on this site.
I found this "kit" on Amazon for $100 with free shipping that ships in a few days rather then weeks for the other brand.
So, I too am interested in any info about this Kit/brand from other members:hat1:

Top Bottom