Anyone with an unwanted stock seat?

Phil T. had a a seat, at one time, that made the rounds as a base for some custom seats, but I believe that is NLA.. Right Phil??

I'm looking for one that someone might give up as a candidate for a Sargent seat. Since MCL is apparently no longer doing business, my best option is to send in a donor seat, since I'd rather keep my stocker as backup. I might, however, make it available, as Phil did, for members needing a seat base.

Looking on EBay, the nutball sellers want more for their used NT seats than an available new one costs ($110). Buyer beware.. :rolleyes1: If I can't come up with an unwanted extra for Sargents, I'll likely go with the heavyweight Corbin.. I have three of them for different bikes, including one pine-plank version for my baby NT (Hawk GT) which my butt has always been comfortable with. Go figure.. :shrug2:

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Mike I to plan on sending Sargent a spare seat I have this coming Winter, think I can make it thru this riding season, bike only has 7000 miles on it.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
look on partzilla.com in Georgia, last I knew seat was about $87, have them drop ship to seat manufacturer

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
looks like $111.49 don't know about shipping,maybe $20 or more? that's a bit pricey when all that's being used is the seat pan.

OP
OP
mikthebik
looks like $111.49 don't know about shipping,maybe $20 or more? that's a bit pricey when all that's being used is the seat pan.
Yep.. Looked at it already. Still cheaper than the EBay seats, but not what I'd want to fork out.. I'll keep looking.

Took it for a ride yesterday after re-installing the stock foot pegs. With them installed, the pressure I felt on the inside of the upper thighs with the lowering pegs installed, seems to be lessened considerably. I'll keep riding and monitoring, I might actually find the stocker acceptable.

OP
OP
mikthebik
Got a PM from Rusty_Iron a couple of weeks ago. He lives about 20 miles away and offered me a seat gratis.
I had removed the Motorcycle Larry risers and handlebar clamp that didn't fit for me and I offered them in exchange.
We met and made the trade today. I'm very grateful,. Thanks Walter! (y)

silshooter

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have a Sargent seat, had it rebuilt and added more cush for my tush. Excellent choice for a comfortable ride.

Top Bottom