Artist Point - September 2014

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I wanted to get the sticker to put on the NT too
I didn't know there was a "Golden Age" sticker. If you've got that, do you still have to stop and show them your passport? I'm firmly convinced that the Parks Passport is one of the great rewards for getting old.

You take some magnificent pictures! As always, thanks for sharing them. What are the elevations of Mt Baker and Mt Shuksan? Is that new snow on them or still left from last winter?

Chris will answer Phil, but Baker is about 10,800 and the snow is there all year. Shuksan is about 8500 feet or so and is one of the most photographed mountains in the world. I had a cabin for ten years down the road about 25 miles in Glacier, the last town you go through before you hit the National Park boundary. Yes, I love my senior park pass and use it often. BTW, nice to see that article about you in MTSA.

Terry

Bike
2011 NT
Great pictures Chris. Was stationed at Walla Walla in 69 & part of 70. When were you at Lowry AFB? Went to munitions tech school there in late 59 & left in March of 60 back to Lackland AFB for 3 months then on to France.

bicyclist

I wanted to get the sticker to put on the NT too.
Chris, I think that Phil was asking whether the sticker was so that you don't have to stop to show the senior pass. I'm guessing that what you were after was the park sticker.

Phil is well acquainted with the senior pass; his is high mileage. And I agree with him that the pass is one of the great perks of geezerdom.

Bike
2011 Black NT700
Maybe this will help. Decals
Decals for open topped vehicles may be issued free with an Interagency Senior Pass. Decals offer a secure method to display ownership of the Interagency Senior Pass on motorcycles or open-topped vehicles at unstaffed sites. However, they are not a valid pass in themselves; the vehicle owner must also carry an Interagency Senior Pass. Issuance of a decal requires:
Valid Interagency Pass
Photo identification to verify pass ownership
Vehicle registration for an open topped vehicle that matches the name(s) of the pass holder(s) and the photo identification

Just noticed the above information is for Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. If the weather is nice I will take a ride to Glacier National Park and try to get some information.
Clint

Last edited:
Top Bottom