At 8000 miles-what works for me.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have been a gear head most of my life--majored in Auto Mechanics in HS so that I could work my way through college. Now you need a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, and Electrical Engineering to work on a car--and some parts of the modern motorcycle.

I don't always follow manufacturer's instructions concerning break in, and maintenance. (I do adhere to service intervals like valve adjustment) Honda gave "Merlot" a clean bill of health for the 8K service interval.

Fluids: Engine Oil: Shell Rotella T-6 (Change every 4000mi) Final Drive: Royal Purple Synthetic-75W90 (Change every 4000mi). Brake Fluid: Castrol, Coolant: Star-Cool by Starbrite, Fuel addative:Star-Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment.

Filters: K&N

External Finish: Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Spray. That works on everything, including the flat black plastic, clear plastic, and windshield. I like it better than Plexus, and it is a lot less expensive. I use it on my helmets, face shields, and my glasses. It sheds water like a duck and dirt does not seem to stick to it.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Good tip on the ICE. If i ever use up the can of Plexus, I'll be sure to give it a try.

Top Bottom