[Review] Avon Tire Mini Review

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I had Avons put on my NT about 300 miles ago. Went with an AV79 on the front and a AV56 on the rear. So far very impressed! The bike feels solidly glued down, steering is quick but predictable, and it holds the line in turns without correction. It always seemed to run wide in turns on the BT020's. The front AV79 doesn't have treads as deep as the rear, so we'll see how tire life goes. Ride quality is quite good as well.

Overall, one very happy customer.

Brad

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I don't think any of us were impressed by the BT020s. Most of us here are favoring the Michelin PR4s. But I ran Avon Storms on my Concours 10 and on my Versys 650 and I was very satisfied with the performance. I do believe the Michelins will give more tread life though, but that is probably true of all the newer tires.

My son just put Bridgestone T30s on his Concours 14 and says they turn in much quicker than his old Michelin PR3s and they don't follow pavement grooves as much as the Michelins, but are more sensitive to tar snakes.

Thanks for sharing your observations.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I have to wonder if the price of the Michelins PR4s fully justifies the greater cost over the Avon Storm Ultra 2s? I do all my own tire changes so frequency of changes and labor costs are not a concern but having to pay someone to mount the tires might be different. :)

Top Bottom