Award Request for Comanche [25,000 Mile Award]

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I bought the bike new in May, 2013.

Actually, the bike turned 25k on December 2, but I was on the third day of a two week trip and couldn't figure out how to get the photo sized to upload as I was using my iPad. This was taken just north of Marianna, Florida. I was very lucky to find a safe place to pull off the road just as the odometer turned. Now that I am back from the trip, the bike has over 28k on it.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good job, Doug! Did you go by the old air base where I used to live??

OP
OP
Comanche
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Good job, Doug! Did you go by the old air base where I used to live??
No, I didn't, Phil. I got into Marianna much later than I had planned and it was totally dark when I took the photo. I'd thought about doing it - maybe even taking a few photos for you - but time got away from me. The next leg of my trip was to Orlando to see my son and his family, and I wanted to get there as soon as possible.

I'm mildly surprised to see you on the forum, considering your circumstances. I pray your family find solace in remembering a life well lived by your brother.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Good job Doug, you've put a heck of a lot of miles on your bike in a relatively short time.

Terry
those miles in about 1 yr and 7 months are peanuts. I got my 25K in 10 months.:nanner1:............. oh,, great club to be in doug!!! you'll be able to give nanner's to someone else someday

Great going Doug! I am officially envious. Too bad we missed each other in your trip through Orlando but I have been working long hours on the boat tours. Maybe next year. Wendell

OP
OP
Comanche
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
those miles in about 1 yr and 7 months are peanuts. I got my 25K in 10 months.:nanner1:............. oh,, great club to be in doug!!! you'll be able to give nanner's to someone else someday
Yep, you're right - nowhere near as many miles as you wracked up in a much shorter period of time.

But then again, I don't have to get those miles riding to work. I'm retired!!! :nanner1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
No, I didn't, Phil. I got into Marianna much later than I had planned and it was totally dark when I took the photo. I'd thought about doing it - maybe even taking a few photos for you - but time got away from me. The next leg of my trip was to Orlando to see my son and his family, and I wanted to get there as soon as possible.

I'm mildly surprised to see you on the forum, considering your circumstances. I pray your family find solace in remembering a life well lived by your brother.
My sister-in-law and her son do not like to talk about anything that might cause feelings or emotions (of any sort). So, I'm mainly dealing with myself now. I got home from SC yesterday afternoon and I'm doing reasonably well. I had gotten into my professional mode to be able to support family and do the funeral service for Mike, and so now I'm getting back in touch with my own feelings of loss and grief.

OP
OP
Comanche
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
. . . and so now I'm getting back in touch with my own feelings of loss and grief.
Excellent. You know from your own experience and training that you can't care for others if you don't take care of yourself.

Now - if your Colorado weather would just cooperate and you could get out for a nice ride. :)

Top Bottom