Award Request for Phil Tarman, Kawasaki Concours 50,000 miles

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I rode my first '99 Kawasaki Concours 115,000 miles.

NT and Connie 8.jpg

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Actually, riding the two '99 Concours I had was what gave me the inspiration for providing the mileage stickers for the NT. A member of the Concours Owners Group made and gave away 50K and 100K stickers to COG members. He made it clear that those stickers were for the bike, not the owner, and he never made any 150K stickers, even though there were at least a couple of Connies that got that distance.

I haven't made up my mind about whether to get a 200K sticker made for Woodaddict when he reaches that milestone in a few months. :)

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Please forget my ignorance regarding this subject of Award Request. I have not or don't see how someone can request one or if there are rules governing them. I have ridden over 300,000 miles in my riding career, perhaps more.

Here are my questions regarding an Award Request:

1. How does someone go about requesting one?

2. Does the claimed mileage have to be done a single, specific bike, or a combination of?

3. How do you select the manufacturer or band for the requested award?

4. How do you input the mileage for that award?

5. What are the increments of these rewards (e.g. 25,000, 50,000, 100,000, etc...)?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Last edited:

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Please forget my ignorance regarding this subject of Award Request. I have not or don't see how someone can request one or if there are rules governing them. I have ridden over 300,000 miles in my riding career, perhaps more.

Here are my questions regarding an Award Request:

1. How does someone go about requesting one?

2. Does the claimed mileage have to be done a single, specific bike, or a combination of?

3. How do you select the manufacturer or band for the requested award?

4. How do you input the mileage for that award?

5. What are the increments of these rewards (e.g. 25,000, 50,000, 100,000, etc...)?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
At the top of every page is a Riding tab and within that a Mileage Awards link.

If you click that, you'll see the list of all the awards and on the right side there will be a Request link if you wish to request that particular award.

They are for single riders on a single bike.. if you bought a bike with 49,999 miles on it and you rode it a single mile, that's NOT a 50k award, you'd have to ride THAT bike 50k miles YOURSELF.

The awards are in 50k increments. Any lower and there would be so many I think it would loose it's value. But we did do 25k for the NT folks.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
At the top of every page is a Riding tab and within that a Mileage Awards link.

If you click that, you'll see the list of all the awards and on the right side there will be a Request link if you wish to request that particular award.

They are for single riders on a single bike.. if you bought a bike with 49,999 miles on it and you rode it a single mile, that's NOT a 50k award, you'd have to ride THAT bike 50k miles YOURSELF.

The awards are in 50k increments. Any lower and there would be so many I think it would loose it's value. But we did do 25k for the NT folks.
Thank you for the clarification regarding this subject.

Seems that these awards are on the honor system are based on the requestor's claim. They are not verified or audited by an independent third-party. Is this correct?

One more question, Do you presently have to own the bike you are requesting to receive the reward for?

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Thank you for the clarification regarding this subject.

Seems that these awards are on the honor system are based on the requestor's claim. They are not verified or audited by an independent third-party. Is this correct?

One more question, Do you presently have to own the bike you are requesting to receive the reward for?
That's correct, we're pretty easy going here... No, you don't have to own the bike, I submitted mine for bikes I no longer own and hope to get another 10k on the super tenere so I can get an award on that..

Top Bottom