User Name: Woodaddict

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 5
Name: 125,000 Mile Award
Description: 125,000 miles on an NT

Recipient username : Woodaddict

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

woohoo.....came home this morning from work and was stunned, passed 125K @ 125,045 miles. how did I do that???? I just got the 100K award on 3-23-15, so this is my fastest 25K of NT career. was made possible by my 2 weeks 6,100 mile Colorado / Utah trip,, most enjoyable trip on my life.
and NT will be 4 yrs old on 12-7-15, so did it in 47 months. so now only 1 more award to get 150K, so Mellow better stop being mellow and create some more awards with bright colors!!!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
Congratulations, Woodaddict, from downunder. That makes my 57,oookm (35,400m) look puny.
I am working on it and will add another 1000km this weekend.

Macka

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Dave:

Congratulations!!!!! What an amazing feat in just four years. Marcia wants know if you are going to do the Blue Ridge Lobster Dance as a part of your celebration?
Hmmmmm now,,,,, :think1:since I don't dance good, somewhere near dreadful,,, I will let Marcia back next year in my place! Much better vid

does that mean we will fight for 150K, which you will win now that you are ahead, or you moving up to FJR?
Yeah i'll probably end up riding my NT to 150K because back in June I tried trading my NT in for a used 2014 FJR1300 and the dealership wouldn't take my NT in on a trade in because they said it had too many miles on it. My response was well it's still under warranty until March 31, 2017 and they still said it had too many miles on it.

I'll probably own the NT until at least next fall and the only reason I've been thinking about replacing the NT is because of the bikes low 452 watt stator output.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I kind of figured when you guys put that many miles on your NT's that they would probably become worthless to anyone but you. I know its unlikely that I would buy a motorcycle with over 100K on it unless it were very collectible.

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
At these high miles you only sell by owner. Sold my 165,000 miles PC800 to somebody that wanted a trial bike to get into motorcycling

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
started hearing a slight valve tappet sound going from running down to a stop. you could hear for a second some sloppy tappet sound, then would clear up after sitting there at stop sign or red light. so decided to have a valve check again. did it last Friday 12-18-15 at 127,834 miles with 20,794 interval miles from last. only found an 1 exhaust gap at max reading. all others were in spec, near middle of spec. so engine is still running good, very little wear at this mileage, with oil loss about from top of fill line to bottom of fill line in 8,000 miles with full syn oil. I believe I can make it to200K

Last edited:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...20,794 interval miles from last. only found an 1 exhaust gap at max reading. all others were in spec, near middle of spec...Woodaddict]

I have a "mere" 54k miles but my findings are similar to yours in that I've only found slightly loose exhaust rockers. No noticeable oil consumption at this mileage.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
COngrstulstions to both of you guys, 125K is a major achievement! I ghink after that many miles tou are well aquainted with y our bikesand more than just satisfied. I would sugges finding one of the low milage NT's and use it as a parts bike for engine and drive train , and ehrrl bearings etc as needed. A;so replace swing arm and steering head bushings and bearings and moter on wih 250 K as a goal, or better yet a million mi on it. That would make quite a splash in all the bike magazines and even for Mother Honda.

Ride Safe, Ride Far.

Eldon

OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Oil and filter at specified intervals; ride.

Ride lots.
AGREED........but stay under 75 MPH!! I have done nothing special, but I usually ride on interstate 70-75 MPH. brief spurts faster to maneuver around traffic, feel good, rush of the wind!! so who knows what works best, just take care of bike

Phil pretty much summed it up just ride and tell your mechanic to do whatever the owners Manuel says to do. So far that's worked the last 131,000+ miles on my NT700V.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I have to disagree with my good friend Woodaddict about his caution to stay under 75mph. I have had some mechanical issues but they have all traced back to poor maintenance techniques by two dealerships. One was in Florida, so I doubt I’ll ever go back there. The other one is in Ft Collins and only 25 miles away from me. But, as the service manager down at Sun Honda, where I bought the bike and have had almost all my maintenance done, said, “Phil, Phil, Phil…as good as we’ve been to you, why on earth did you go anywhere else?”

My only excuse was that Sun couldn’t get me in on short notice and I was leaving on a trip. As the proverb goes, but Billy didn’t say, “My failure to plan does not create an emergency for him.”

Top Bottom