User Name: WVRider

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 3
Name: 50,000 Mile Award
Description: 50,000 miles on an NT

Recipient username : WVRider

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

Well I hit 50K on my way home from a couple weeks of traveling. NT has performed great and I am looking forward to the next mileage milestone.

-----------------------------------------------------

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Duane, if you'll send me your smail-mail address, I'll send you one of the semi-coveted 50,000 mile-stickers.

Congratulations on reaching this milestone!

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Congratulations Duane,

I wish you another 50 K down the road.

Eldon

Duane, Congratulations! Some of us are not that far behind but it will be at least another year and a half before I get there. Let us know over time how your bike is holding up and what, if anything, we need to do to keep our bikes running well.

Terry

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Duane, Impressive. Reaching 50K miles and you took the picture at exactly 50K while going down the road ;)

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
woohoo.......you get extra kudos for being a one handed driver and snapping a pic!! great job duane and its even on a fun trip! well, that is if you didn't cheat and put up on centerstand and whip up the revs!!

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Duane, Impressive. Reaching 50K miles and you took the picture at exactly 50K while going down to road ;)
LOL yep, safely of course. I always keep camera hanging on jacket and on multi-shot. Just held it toward the dash and held the button for several seconds. I shoot photos while riding often. Never use view screen just point and shoot then pick out the one pic that turns out.

Thanks

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
woohoo.......you get extra kudos for being a one handed driver and snapping a pic!! great job duane and its even on a fun trip! well, that is if you didn't cheat and put up on centerstand and whip up the revs!!
Thanks David, yet a long way from catching you. Have been taking pictures on the move since back in the 80's. Can drop camera if needed because it's attached. Killboy caught me in 2012 on Tail of the Dragon while I was taking pictures of a couple friends in front of me.

Note the camera in this picture from just two weeks ago on Tail of the Dragon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Thanks everyone for the Kudo's. I feel pretty good about it also. The NT is by far the best motorcycle I have ever owned, and there have been quite a few since my first in 1976.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Congrats -

BTW - I like the dragon decal you have on the fairing and panniers. Any meaning to that (other than Tail of the Dragon)?

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Congrats -

BTW - I like the dragon decal you have on the fairing and panniers. Any meaning to that (other than Tail of the Dragon)?
Well, actual reason was they match the color of the lettering and they are reflective, plus I have ridden the Tail of the Dragon a few times more than I wanted to.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
And it looks sooo good next to that Yellowstone NP sticker!

Top Bottom