Back to Colorado...NOT back home

Glad you made it home OK. Funny that driving a cage bothers you. It bothers me too. I can go much farther on a bike than in a cage.

Funny that driving a cage bothers you. It bothers me too. I can go much farther on a bike than in a cage.

Alex, my theory about that is that sitting in my car, the weight of my leg is suspended between my hip and my heel and the weight of my foot rotates outward and "torques" the knee. It's especially the right knee that bothers me after 2-300+ miles.

I feel trapped and vulnerable in a cage ... there are just so many options for getting out of trouble on 2 wheels

Phil, That's more than a theory--it is what is really happening. The foot being oriented outward does give the knee a twisting motion--in my case, it goes farther up and involves the hip which has lots of pins. On a bike, that motion does not happen unless your foot peg is way out and you have to twist in in order to use the brakes or shift lever. Besides, cages are boring unless you drive a Porsche Carerra--and then you lose your license. I'll take the bike.

Nothing like you did, Chuck! There's maybe 3-4" on the ground and it's going away. I probably could have ridden home from Limon yesterday if I had hit the window between when the ice on the E-W portion of CO-71 melted and when it refroze. It was wet and steaming a bit when we went across that section at about 4:30, but I don't know how long it had been melted and I would not want to have bet that there weren't a few patches of ic still there.

glad you got home safe, and that you have plenty of friends named Tim. We Tim's are a nice lot and the best friends to have! ;-)

I am green with envy! I would love to make a trip like that. Unforturnatly, I seem to always have more bodies to haul than I can put on a bike.
Glad you had a good trip (despite the cause). Happy you have friends you can call on for help. Wonderful to hear you are home safe.

Even with a miserable cold; even with the reason; even with weather trapping me for a day; a trip like that is an adventure on a bike as opposed to a trip in a car.

Back
Top Bottom