backrests

Bike
2010 Maroon NT 700
Re: Two-wheel pickup truck

Below is my solution to a troublesome back and the need for a small pickup truck. My bike is almost exclusively a commuter vehicle, so this rack/backrest is rarely removed; but when I do have a passenger, the usual two bolts take it right off.
Something like that with a shorter "pickup bed" might work well for a passenger backrest. Where did you get that one?

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
A little FYI on the cheaper JC Whitney or Bestem (which I have) top boxes and their included mounting plates...don't bother trying to piece together hardware to mount their plate, just order the Honda mounting hardware kit for the genuine Honda top box and use the bolt kit.
It makes the job a snap and gives it the most secure base possible.

:)

Sorry... not as yet. It is a winter project and I hope to get to it soon. Thanks for the compliment on the BMW! It was looker :)

Re: Two-wheel pickup truck

Made it myself, Lm77. I still have a full model-making machine shop that was part of my business, so can fabricate just about anything I want to. The rack/backrest attaches to the NT with the two bolts that normally attach a topbox, and rests on the two handgrips forward of there through two rubber "feet."

Sorry about the delay in answering, I didn't see your post until today.

Bill

Bike
Silver NT700V
A little FYI on the cheaper JC Whitney or Bestem (which I have) top boxes and their included mounting plates...don't bother trying to piece together hardware to mount their plate, just order the Honda mounting hardware kit for the genuine Honda top box and use the bolt kit.
It makes the job a snap and gives it the most secure base possible.

:)
How much does the Honda kit cost? When I maounted my JC Whitney case I used two additional sqare nuts, sourced from Bike Bandit and four bushings sourced from Ace Hardware. The bushings were tthe most expensive oieces as they are bronze. It was still less than $20 as I recall.

mohonda

As a new NT owner that rides with my wife, I was very interested on what David found out about fabrication and mounting of a backrest. Any updates?

Top Bottom