Battery handle

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
In order to make it much easier to remove and install the battery I put a loop of nylon web material around it before dropping it into the battery well. I had my wife sew some thin nylon webbing into a loop an inch or two larger than the circumfrence of the battery. It makes a good handle and just stays in the bike to aid in the removal as well.

Lots of bikes have battery wells that are difficult to remove the battery from. This has worked well for me. Because of our long winters here I'm handling the battery at least twice a year. I remove it and keep it in a heated area during the winter and then re-install it in the spring. I'll charge it once a month during the winter months and I believe it really helps extend battery life. Batteries aren't happy at thirty degrees below.

jackgermain

Sounds like a good idea. I keep my on a trickle charger when not riding it for period of time.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Great idea! Where I live in OH, the temp inside my attached garage never drops below 30 F so having the battery remain in the bike and on the charger is very practical. I've mounted my charger on the wall, next to a 120v receptacle and added an extension to my charger cable so they'll easily reach the bike. This makes it painless to plug-in the charger after a ride.

Top Bottom