Battery Installation

Bike
2010 Red NT700V #1001
I saw a comment from Junglejim in a latch problem thread about his dealer improperly installing his battery in the upright position. That's how mine was also installed by the dealer and again, by myself, when I replaced the battery a few years ago.
How's it supposed to be installed?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The battery can be installed (in different motorcycles) with either the top up or a side up. It'll only fit in an NT in one of those orientations. What Jim was talking about was a dealer trying to install it rotated onto its side. If yours fits. you put it in right.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Watch it, Red! Once you do that first thing right, there's no telling what might come next! You'll get to where you do all kinds of things right.

I hadn't worked on an engine of any kind since my '67 VW camper ate my lunch until I bought my 1st '99 Concours. A friend helped me do my first valve adjustment and I ended up doing almost all the maintenance on my two Connies. Now that I'm retired, I've got to get Chuck Henderson to walk me through my first NT valve adjustment.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
He has probably already forgotten how to do it :)
LOL! He might have ... he just got a new bike. He did a Fly and Ride to Portland, OR (IIRC) to get a "new" '14 Wee-Strom. His old Wee is for sale.

So, if he hasn't forgotten, maybe he'll just be confused. :)

Top Bottom