BMW scooter

jackgermain

Dropped by the local BMW dealer and took a look at the 2013 scooter. I was interested in looking because my wife rides the Kymco Grandvista 250 (Grand Dink overseas) and the scooter has been wonderful. Have had it for 4 years now and not a single problem. She really enjoys it and honestly so do I.

When I was talking to the sale person the subject finally came around to the engine. When I pushed the subject he finally admitted, while looking down at the floor, that the motor is a Kymco product.
I am not sure why he seemed so reluctant to talk about Kymco, they have been making engines for Honda for several decades. I calmed down the tension he was feeling from our conversation by telling him that Kymco engines were wonderful. It seemed that he wanted to keep the Kymco engine -- in the closet.

That being said, the scooter seems nice enough but for a 10K base price I think I would put my money elsewhere. Just my opinion :smile:

Bike
Bonneville T120
I'm excited to the the BMW scooters. We've had a few, Piaggio BV250, Vespa LX150, Burgman 400 and currently a Honda PCX125.
Love the scooters in town. The wife took Burgie to Nova Scotia!

There is a nice comparison of he BMW C650GT scooter and the NC700X in this month's Rider magazine. Interestingly they believed that the scooter was a better choice for long distance riding compared to the NC.

Terry

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The last recall only affected 54 bikes. "Bike" magazine, my favorite motorcycle rag said that they were delaying delivery because they were reworking something in the telelever front end. I wonder if this is some response to the fact that one journalist, Kevin Ash, was killed during their intro in South Africa, and two others experienced massive, unexplained tank slappers.

tawilke46

The last recall only affected 54 bikes. "Bike" magazine, my favorite motorcycle rag said that they were delaying delivery because they were reworking something in the telelever front end. I wonder if this is some response to the fact that one journalist, Kevin Ash, was killed during their intro in South Africa, and two others experienced massive, unexplained tank slappers.

If it did not, the recalls would still be an amazing coincidence. BMW has been pretty quiet since Kevin's death.

Top Bottom