Bought a New Bike: 650 Versys LT

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Even though I was able to solve the electrical issue on my NT, still with 80,000 miles, a friend breathing down my neck to buy it, and plain old lust for something new, I pulled the trigger and bought a new 2017 Kawasaki 650 Versys LT. I got a good deal. The dealer bought it in an auction from a bankrupt dealership. It's a bit peppier than the NT and handles really well. Areas of concern- it's higher and takes more effort to get the leg over and motivated me to take interest in a recent AARP Magazine article on exercises to strengthen the hip muscles and keep flexibility! With my Givi top box transferred, it also seem a bit more cramped riding two up with my wife- not that I mind the contact, of course! We're planning a trip south with the first warm spell in late Feb early March. I hope to keep in touch with this group. Here's a picture of the new bike with the salesman Zeus. You got to love a Greek named Zeus.

Attachments

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
good deal. we all transition to different bikes from time to time. your planned trip in late Feb / early March might just a bit cool, go south FAST

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I can relate to your new motorcycle adventure. The Versys 650 is one of the most "fun" bikes I've ever had. Yes, it has more snort than the NT, 6 gears, and is noticeably lighter. The biggest thing is the shorter wheel base makes it handle much quicker. On the down side you won't have the protection and comfort of the NT and fuel mileage is a bit lower. Maintenance is a bit easier because you don't have to undress it to work on it.

I sold mine because of the lack of a center stand and cruise control, and I wanted a bit more weather protection than the V had. But that bike is FUN!!!!!!! Enjoy. And don't be a stranger here.

tawilke46

Herb,
Feel the same way about my 2009 DL650. Peppier, and an absolute blast to ride. Definitely a different kind of ride compared to the plusher NT.
Enjoy that new ride!

OP
OP
Herb
Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Herb,
Feel the same way about my 2009 DL650. Peppier, and an absolute blast to ride. Definitely a different kind of ride compared to the plusher NT.
Enjoy that new ride!
The V Strom was was on my list along with the NC 700. I just got a good deal with the full touring package luggage cases(I like that they are removable and don't have the issues of the NT cases as well.. Already gotten help from the Versys forum. Busted my plastic throttle adjuster do hicky, This is still the best forum that I've been on.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
The V Strom was was on my list along with the NC 700.
I've had my NC700X for 4 years now, its the DCT model. I really love it.

I cannot beat the wind protection that the NT offers for these cooler rides in the mornings now. So, I will be keeping NaTalie for the years to come.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Congratulations on the new bike. Kawasaki makes great bikes---smooth and with great brakes. Had a 250 Ninja in 07 and that thing was a rocket. If I were to get a new bike it would be a 650 Ninja. Have a Merry Christmas

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Congrats Herb. The Versys line of bikes is great. I have a new 2015 Versys 1000LT and also a 2017 Versys X300. My NT went away 4 years ago when I picked up my 2014 FJR. I also have a 2014 V-Strom 650 up for sale. Wish I was still a Honda guy, but there is nothing that Honda makes today that blow up my skirt.:)

congrats on your new bike..I traded my 2008 Versys for the NT...I still miss it a bit but I love the capabilities of the comfort, wind protection drive shaft and centerstand the Honda has to offer...but every once in a while I have to take the trusty Bonneville out for a spin which kind of reminds me of the Versys.. Enjoy and be safe..

Top Bottom