Brake Pads from Dennis Kirk

Bike
'10 Silver NT700
Ordered rear (part #19-11204) and two sets of front (part 19-3129) pads from Dennis Kirk for my 2010 NT700. The rear went on without issue, but the hole for the front pad doesn't match the old one. I called them and they said I could return them for a refund - less $7.99 - but when I explained the fact that I couldn't install what they sent, the guy on the phone said their system shows that's the correct front pad and if I called back when service was available on Tuesday, and they determine the pads are incorrect, I may be able to get the full amount back. I'm okay with the $8, but I was pretty specific when I ordered that I'd seen pads that say they'd work, but looked wrong on other websites and they promised me these would work for me.

Anyone ever installed this front brake pad part number from Dennis Kirk? Just want to make sure I'm not wrong on it or if I should just force them to see if I can get them to work.

PS These are the first pads I've had to install front or back and I have 54K miles on it with mostly daily commutes into the city, so I'm assuming they are due anyway.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Take a pic of the OE pad vs the one that they sent you and fwd it to them. It should be obvious to them.

DK shows 19-3129 as the rear pad set, and 19-11204 as front or rear, but Honda has a different part number for all three calipers.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
If I remember right (questionable), the front pads are the same with the backing plates being the difference left to right.
I have gotten the wrong rear pad (aftermarket) one time and returned it for OEM pad which fit fine. The NT numbers may be confused in some aftermarket pads for some reason.

Brad

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
If I remember right (questionable), the front pads are the same with the backing plates being the difference left to right.
I have gotten the wrong rear pad (aftermarket) one time and returned it for OEM pad which fit fine. The NT numbers may be confused in some aftermarket pads for some reason.

Brad
Correct, only the shims are different. That will be why Honda has two part numbers for the front as they come with the shims.

Macka

Top Bottom