Brake pads making sound

Bike
2010 Silver NT700va
While the bike is off ,and I push the bike it sounds like a front pad is rubbing on the front rotor. I don't feel it while riding just can here it at very low speeds and while bike is not running. Stuck caliber?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've had that same sound off and on as long as I've owned the bike. I've never noticed any abnormal wear. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
While the bike is off ,and I push the bike it sounds like a front pad is rubbing on the front rotor. I don't feel it while riding just can here it at very low speeds and while bike is not running. Stuck caliber?
Yep - mine does it too, and I have 31,000 miles on mine with no problem.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The caliper pistons are extended by hydraulic force but the return spring in the system is a square section O-ring. The outside perimeter of the O-ring is captured in a groove in the caliper so it cannot move. The caliper piston is tight against the inside perimeter of the O-ring. When the brakes are applied, the outside perimeter stretches to allow the pistons to push against the pads. When the brakes are released, the elasticity in the O-ring pulls back the piston but not all the way...so you'll usually hear some light rubbing if you spin a wheel or push the bike.

This simple system also self-adjusts for wear by allowing the pistons to move out further as the pads wear.

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
Tell them to be quiet and go to bed or you'll give them some thing to squawk about. Always works for me:smile:

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
If the noise is real loud check your wheel bearings.

Top Bottom