British Columbia Trip - July 2018

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Wow! Beautiful pictures of beautiful places. I've been lucky enough to ride in many of those places and they still amaze me. Thanks for sharing.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Fantastic pictures and descriptions Chris. Brings back great memories. And yes, the mountains are awesome. Being a flatlander I'm always impressed with mountains, the Big Horns, Tetons, Sawtooth, Beartooth, and the list goes on. A ride like that with a good partner is a ride to treasure for sure.

Phil and I rode the Ice Fields Parkway on our way to Alaska and we agreed at the time that it was the most scenic road we had ever ridden. Now I'm not sure so I'm going to have to go back to make sure.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Great pictures, and a great trip! It brings back memories of my trips there. Thank you for posting this!

tawilke46

Must be nice to have this scenic mountain countryside essentially outside your back door!
For me this area is over 1,800 miles away from the deep hot south.
At this stage of my life with my health issues, long motorcycle rides are not possible......but I can drive a cage!

Great pictures Chris, gorgeous country. Thanks for the post.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I hope to be up in that neck of the woods in late August/early September. Gorgeous scenery. The Lord is quite an artist!

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Beautiful photos - thank you!

I've been though there twice, both times on the way home from Hyder Seek (Hyder AK) and it was late-May so there was still snow on the ground and skies were gray. :-(

At the Hyder sign.JPG

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Great pictures.. I've been through that part of Canada once and it's truly majestic, thanks for the reminder that I need to go back.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
I had the opportunity to go to Calgary, Banff, and Lake Louise. Amen to Mike's thought. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
And I couldn't help but think that as big and massive as those mountains are...they will someday be gone.

Chris
For some strange reason, ever since I moved west in 1997 and first saw the Sierras, the Coastal Range, the Rockies, I almost always think about how long it would take to move one mountain...with a shovel.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
For some strange reason, ever since I moved west in 1997 and first saw the Sierras, the Coastal Range, the Rockies, I almost always think about how long it would take to move one mountain...with a shovel.
You sound like the kind of guy I'd like to have a beer with.....but not necessarily work with.... ;) hehehe

ken

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Beautiful photos indeed. This summer my parents came to visit me during my summer stay in Western Washington. I took them on an extended trip in British Columbia. We all couldn't fit on my Honda, so we had to take the car.

We traveled through Whistler, north to Prince George, and west to Prince Rupert. I've been to many beautiful mountain areas around the world, but I've never seen anything as incredible as the area just east of Prince Rupert. Your pictures make me, now in miserably hot Louisiana, wish I were back in in the North West. Next year I'm going back, this time on my bike.

I had a great ride west this summer until the quarter-sized hail hit outside of Butte, MT. :eek:

Ken

Last edited:
Top Bottom