Building A Tool Kit At Lowes

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Since Honda didn't provide a tool kit I have been building one. The other day while at Lowe's I stumbled on some stocking stuffers that make a good base.

The Task Force brand tools aren't Craftsman quality but they do carry a Lifetime Warranty. They are easily better than the OEM tools in some bikes I have had!

Task Force Kit #0060167 T-Bar Driver Set includes; The T-Bar, Nine sockets sized from 5MM to 13MM, and 11 Bits T-15, T-20, Two #2 Phillips, Two #3 Phillips, Four Slotted bits a 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 9/32 inch, plus the 1/4 Drive Socket Adapter.

Task Force Kit #0060237 1/4 Inch Drive socket Set contains a 1/4 Inch Drive Ratchet, a Three Inch Extension, and a bunch of useless, for the NT anyway, Standard Size sockets! I wanted the ratchet and extension...

Total Cost, including tax, $10! Not a bad "starter set" and it lets me carry something inexpensive, all right cheap, :rolleyes: that can satisfy my need to have a minimal tool kit...

With these, my SMC Pocket Wrench, 10-Way screwdriver, Maglite, and Leatherman tool I now have my "safety blanket" of tools...:D Add a batch of spare fuses and anything I am capable of fixing is covered... If I can't handle with these tools it's time for my cell phone and extended warranty...

Last edited:

MAC

Wyane, I like looking for things like that at flea markets. It's gone now but every week-end there was a flea market at the Rocky Hill fair grounds and it was big. I found a craftsman 1/4" ratchet with the lever broken off, paid $ 1.00 for it and took it to Sears and they replaced it.

maxweljames

I'm liking the starter kit you've got going. Do you have a box or bag that you keep your tools in or are they free floating in the saddle bags?

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Based on your post above, has anything changed since December 2010 on your tool kit?
Yes, I have added a few more tweaks, I'll get out the camera and post more info later this week...

Do you have a box or bag that you keep your tools in or are they free floating in the saddle bags?
I use a zip up three bag set that looks like a "Bank Tellers Bag" from Sears...

Sad that bikes do not come with tool kits/tire repair stuff/ pump.......but many modern day riders/toy riders/trailer bikers wouldn't know how to use them anyway.
That is unfortunately very true, I have seen people totally confused by issues that used to be "Owner Maintenance" items...

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Retard spark set choke tickle carb set crank (?) Kick over LOL

I also keep a head mounted light in my kit so that both hands are free.

Jim

Top Bottom