Camping gagits

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Lol, Chris, you might have to go to your backup Window 3.1 machine.
My ultimate backup machine is my old, 64K, 8 bit CP/M-80 Kaypro 4.

Downside is that I have never been able to get USB working with it. And it will not easily fit on a motorcycle. But it does boot pretty fast.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
My favorite camping gagit is a Leatherman Multi-Tool. It has come in handy on many occasions.

skiper

My favorite is toilet paper.. it can be mounted on the handlebar or over the license plate - only kidding..

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
First day of Spring so I figure its time to start thinking about motocamping again! I'm an admitted gear geek so this winter I picked up a Biolite stove. I've found that while camping in Germany and Austria, most places do not allow you to have a camp fire, which to me is one of the highlights of a night spent outdoors. With the Biolite, I'll be able to have a small contained fire for ambiance, s'mores, or to heat some water for my morning coffee! I'm looking forward to 'Furlough Fridays' so I can get in as much motocamping as possible this summer! Prost!!!
I've been interested in the Biolite. Toss up between that one and the Whisperlite International stove. I like the ability to burn small bit of wood and get a bit of juice to charge the phone.... but the Whisperlite will burn pretty much everything else when there is no wood to be found. Hmmm...maybe I'll get both....hahahaha

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just read an interesting article of a camping chair in the Back Country catalog. There is a Big Agnes Helinox chair that measures 14"x4"x5" and weighs 2 lbs. It will hold 320 pounds and costs $89.95. I have a Kermit chair but this would be so nice and easy to pack.
Paul
Great thanks!... just when I thought I didn't need anything else.. LOL.. that looks like a cool chair.. I have a kermit also but it is somewhat heavy and this looks to be nice at 2 lbs and a nice packed size.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Those chairs really look nice, but with my knees, I'd need a crane to get me out of one. That's one of the great things about the Kermit chair with its leg extensions for me. I can get out of it!

Top Bottom