CAmping gear

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I'm very excited. I have begun acquiring my gear, and with the help of some sales I have been able to save a good deal of money. So far I have picked up an Exped pillow for $17, Exped Synmat basic 7.5 LW for $39 and a Big Agnes Silver Creek 30f sleeping bag for $38!!!
These savings make me feel better about laying out $200 for the REI half dome 4
So with shipping and taxes, I should have my most basic needs covered with quality gear for about $350
Then
I am going to get an Outdoor Research waterproof comression sack, a cheap chair and a lantern, pocket stove and cup
Then I will get some kind of waterproof bag to put as much of all that into as I can

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
Bob
I'll only be able to have the one big adventure this year. I will be swinging thru Durango, Ouray,Delta, Gunnison and Estes Park on my way to Spearfish;But being a novice at camping, I am going to plan a few one night stands within a 100 miles of the house. Then a couple of trips farther from home; maybe two nighters. Then maybe a couple of 300-500 mile one night stands to get used to setting up after a long day. I figure I can do all these rides in TX, OK and AR

bicyclist

I like to do a first test of things in the back yard. If it doesn't work, it's about 20 feet to all the comforts of home.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
And that's why my tent is pitched in my backyard right now.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Ha! No that would have required moisture, a commodity we haven't seen around here in a while. But it's standing up well to the winds.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Will try camping in the yard when the weather gets warmer--also upgrade if necessary (matress for sure) We have LL Bean, Dick's, and Cabelas within a reasonable distance along with Maine Sports and a bunch of mountain climbing equipment stores.

I think that for the Spearfish run that I'll take the Trans-Canada and then head south from Winnipeg to Spearfish. Trans Canada 17 seems to be quite rural. I need to find out about MC Shops and camp sites along the way.

Top Bottom