Caribou luggage on Honda CB500X

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
With no time to add panniers before my trip to Spearfish last summer, I traveled with several dry bags strapped high on the pillion seat. It worked OK (for the most part - not including dropping it twice in Chris’ campground parking lot), but I wanted to lower the CG and be able to secure my stuff a bit better.
I researched the Honda side panniers, Givi, and others. After discovering Caribou though, I knew it was what I wanted. They utilize tough, Pelican molded plastic cases, custom modified to attach to Hepco and Becker side racks. There was a choice of two top load 25 Liter cases, or two 35 Liter side loaders for the same $821.00 price.
I went for the most volume, and I don’t regret it. They are incredibly tough, and have been proven on trips to the four corners of the earth. They attach to the racks with keyed locks, but are engineered to break free in a hard crash. Not supposed to come off in a parking lot drop however. I added reflective strips all over for improved visibility, and also ordered the nylon zippered custom fit bags for an extra $65.00. Time will tell, but so far so good.

Attachments

OP
OP
Yoda

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Sorry, no helmets fit inside. Most top cases hold a helmet, but I plan to strap dry bags on the pillion seat for camping gear.

Top Bottom