Castle Turbine jacket

Bike
2010 NT700V, Silver ABS
I have one that is about 4 years old. Mine is white/black, which seems to stand out pretty well to other drivers. It is ok for a low cost jacket. The snaps on the waist are inadequate. They unsnap easily, which means your jacket will ride up in a crash and leave you unprotected, so you might want to replace it with velcro or heavier duty snaps (assuming they are still using the same system). The liner is good, it is totally windproof. The armor in the back doesn't amount to much, just a thin piece of foam. The rest of the armor is so-so.

My next jacket will be a 3/4 length.

Kevin

OP
OP

Husker

Bike
Red 2010 NT700V
Thanks I couldn't find much about them. The jacket seemed to fit and feel good. I used to have an old Honda line that had no armor but was tough and water proof even without the liner. It might work until I can save more cash for another.

OP
OP

Husker

Bike
Red 2010 NT700V
I've had this jacket all year now. It has been a good buy. Tough, and light with the liner out. We had a hot year here and it wasn't bad at all. With the liner dry and warm so far down to the low 30s. Not bad for a lower cost jacket.

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
I have a Castle jacket I got in '09 and it was reasonably priced and has held up very well. I do agree that the back pad is not really "armour" but the other pads seem fine. The waist snaps on mine are fine and I am having no problems with them. Not sure what the Model the jacket is but it says Castle Streetware and has black piping around the black jacket that are reflective under lights at night keeping you pretty visable. The one thing I did not like about it was one of the inside pockets was actually on the outside of the liner and in a pretty good rainstorm I had a wet cell phone! No harm done tho... I would recommend this brand, mine is still in good shape under heavy use and the price point was where I needed it to be.

Top Bottom