Caught in the rain! Real happy with the fairing / screen

It's a small thing - but I was caught in a downooor today on my NT - really glad for the fairing - when the surprise downooor happened my screen it was all the way down - but all but my shoulders stayed dry as can be. Quite a difference from my old nighthawk 750 which let you get wet and fast!

The NT is quite versatile isn't it!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Yes, it sure is! I've got the OEM undercowl on mine and it keeps my lower legs and feet a lot drier. Well, a lot less wet, would be more accurate, I guess.

Bike
1999 Kawasaki Concours,
Yes, it sure is! I've got the OEM undercowl on mine and it keeps my lower legs and feet a lot drier. Well, a lot less wet, would be more accurate, I guess.
Phil, How much did that undercowl set you back. My Connie has spoiled me when it comes to weather protection.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It was close to $500 (depends some on the exchange rate and does include shipping). I got mine from Honda of Bournemouth in the UK.

There have been a few folks who have bought a Skidmarx fairing, which needs to be painted, but still comes out a bit cheaper.

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
It was close to $500 (depends some on the exchange rate and does include shipping). I got mine from Honda of Bournemouth in the UK.

There have been a few folks who have bought a Skidmarx fairing, which needs to be painted, but still comes out a bit cheaper.
Yeah, I have the Skidmarx. But I don't know how much it costs because it was on the bike when I bought it. And I haven't ridden without it so I can't say how much of an improvement it is. But I think it's cool.

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
That does look very cool! Aside from looks I would love to know how much rain protection it gives your feet. My NT is great in the rain but I do get soaking wet feet. If that cool looking lower fairing keeps your feet pretty dry it just moved to the top of my Farkle list! Pick, we all want a report on how it works even if you can't compaire it to without!
Thanks.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have the OEM Honda undercowl and left it flat black. I noticed a great difference in rain protection. The downside is that in the hot weather we have had, the feet get quite warm.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
That does look very cool! Aside from looks I would love to know how much rain protection it gives your feet.
Mine did a very good job of keeping the rain off my feet... For some real good info visit the Deauville UK forum as they swear by the SkidMarx and there is a lot of feed back on them on that forum... I doubt if there are even a half dozen NT's in the USA with the SkidMarx installed so your feedback here will be somewhat limited...

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
That does look very cool! Aside from looks I would love to know how much rain protection it gives your feet. My NT is great in the rain but I do get soaking wet feet. If that cool looking lower fairing keeps your feet pretty dry it just moved to the top of my Farkle list! Pick, we all want a report on how it works even if you can't compaire it to without!
Thanks.
Well, when I get a chance to ride in the rain, I will be sure to let you know.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I just bought REDLDR1 Skidmarx undercowl. Have had it installed for about 3 weeks now, yesterday rode in some moderate rain for the first time, it helped big time keeping my shoes dryer than without. I put about 2 or 3 layers of heat resistant tape inside near the 1 exhast pipe and epoxy rubber washers to inside of cowl. Just too hard to try lining them up with bolts everytime that I will have it off for oil changes. Mine is same as pictued above, but just the faster silver color!

Yeah - my boots do a good job - never have wet feet but can get cold.

I wear these

Which are comfortable to walk in, thin enough to shift but excellent shin and ankle protection ....my knee armor just tucks into the top of them and 551 pants go over them - look good but loads of protection.

Down side is they can get cold as they are not insulated which is fine for riding in tropical Australia but not so much in NA edge seasons. That's why the lowers appeal ....but also don't want too much heat. :shrug2:

Top Bottom