Cbr500r

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
I drove one at a Boise-area dealership.
It is nice to drive, for a sport bike.
The engine has good low-end torque and the riding position is not as bad as a typical sportbike.

Honda is making the same engine in an adventure style bike, like the V-strom
Haven't seen one yet.

SuperDave

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[Honda is making the same engine in an adventure style bike, like the V-strom. Haven't seen one yet.]

The brief write-up in Cycle News said the X-model (adv bike) wopn't be here for another couple of months. The R and the F had first priority.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The issue of Motorcyclist I got yesterday had the first US test of the CBR500. There was a column by Marc Cook, the editor, in which he said that he kept asking when the test bikes were going to arrive and the date kept moving backwards. Finally, the dealer in his town had two of them and his wife was interested in the bike, so he bought one and told his wife she could have it after Motorcyclist had tested it.

They did a compare with the Kawasaki Ninja 300. The Ninja was the favorite of the testers, but Cook says his wife loves the CBR and had not liked the 300.

Apparently many dealers have them. I haven't been to a Honda dealer in a month and haven't seen one yet.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I imagine Sun does, too. They told me they were expecting them soon when I was there a month ago.

Bike
Bonneville T120
Just got back from Scotland! Great trip. Didn't see a single NT700 or as they say Deauvile.
I did see a lot of bikes I didn't recognize. They were a lot like this one, not a sport bike really. Similar styling but much more upright seating position.

Top Bottom