Cee Bailey custom

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am going to a Cee Bailey plus 6 from a plus 4. The plus 4 works but it drives me crazy to see the bottom of the wind screen taper in while I ride. But I got to thinking, if you use a Cee Bailey and wanted one of a bit different design, what would you ask for?
I would ask for one that tapers wider as you go down from the top. Maybe an inch on each side. Yes, there are clearance issues but I feel it could be done. Besides
looking better, I feel it would make a better air pocket. I am sure NTs don't keep Cee Bailey in business but many of their NT customers are right here...any thoughts on what you would change?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
For most of the year, I use a Cee Bailey +2 and I'm only 5'6" so it that works fine for me. Out of curiosity, I bought a Slipstreamer windshield that I use during the colder months. It actually flairs wider at the top so I get a lot more wind protection for my upper arms and shoulders. The only drawbacks are that its increased width makes it shake a lot more in the wind and there is a fair amount of distortion from the top of the windshield to about 2" below. Didn't notice any decrease in fuel economy but I'm sure it doesn't do as well as the standard screen or the Cee Bailey.

skiper

One of our Asian brothers posted some pictures , and i noticed he had a custom screen much wider at the bottom. It reminded me of a Police style plan. It's the group of riders at a big fancy hotel - nice food pics of egg and chicken and rice - remember ? Have a look thru pics - it closed the gap near the mirrors ..

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yeah, it wouldn't even have to move up and down too much.....
One of our Asian brothers posted some pictures , and i noticed he had a custom screen much wider at the bottom. It reminded me of a Police style plan. It's the group of riders at a big fancy hotel - nice food pics of egg and chicken and rice - remember ? Have a look thru pics - it closed the gap near the mirrors ..

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
For most of the year, I use a Cee Bailey +2 and I'm only 5'6" so it that works fine for me. Out of curiosity, I bought a Slipstreamer windshield that I use during the colder months. It actually flairs wider at the top so I get a lot more wind protection for my upper arms and shoulders. The only drawbacks are that its increased width makes it shake a lot more in the wind and there is a fair amount of distortion from the top of the windshield to about 2" below. Didn't notice any decrease in fuel economy but I'm sure it doesn't do as well as the standard screen or the Cee Bailey.
Hummm...cant find the slipstreamer NT700 screen on the web...found the Parabellum in tall but it has no top lip....

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I used "Siipstreamer" which is an older name. Sorry. If you punch in "National Cycle V-stream windshields" you can find their NT700V windshield under "Metric bikes." The V-stream doesn't have a pronounced top lip but it still works fine for me.

Top Bottom