Cee bailey

Bike
bike#61=2010NT700,silver
Just mounted my CB +4....All good............looks good; visibility excellent; no shakes, rattles or rolls....mounted in lowest position about equal to stock at highest position...leaves plenty of room for adjustment in inclement weather....price was not through the roof.....good aftermarket accessory in my opinion.............lsd

Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
Thanks ISD, when you ride in standard riding position at freeway speeds with it up is it much quieter? When I took my Wisconsin trip this summer and spent a lot of time on the expressway I noticed with the stock WS all the way up I still had to drop my head about 4 inches to eliminate the wind noise and buffeting. The Cone Of Silence. Can the CONE be attaned at, say, half way up on the Cee Baily?

tawilke46

I'm 5'9" tall with a 29" inseam. The CeeBailey +4" in position 2 or 3 works best for me on the interstates.
At those positions I can still either look over the shield or through it. In normal riding conditions I prefer to just be able to look over the top.

OP
OP
Bike
bike#61=2010NT700,silver
Thanks ISD, when you ride in standard riding position at freeway speeds with it up is it much quieter? When I took my Wisconsin trip this summer and spent a lot of time on the expressway I noticed with the stock WS all the way up I still had to drop my head about 4 inches to eliminate the wind noise and buffeting. The Cone Of Silence. Can the CONE be attaned at, say, half way up on the Cee Baily?
Rocky.....At freeway speeds my CB+4 is in the second position from the bottom....I am a bit over 6' and it eliminates all the buffeting and most of the wind noise......I can still hear the tick tick of the engine, though.....At that position I can look just over the top of the shield.....LSD

Kevin Gunter

Cee bailey +6 has been the best investment short of the NT itself. I don't need ear plugs and can enjoy the mechanical sounds the engine makes. Less fatigue with longer rides is a nice bonus.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Some of you guys must have short torsos. I'm 5'10" with 32" inseam. I have the Russell seat which adds about an inch to the height. I have the CB +6.

At the bottom position the shield comes up to my shouders. I do not get any buffeting, but, a lot of noise.

At second position it is just at chin. Noise is less.

At third position (middle) it come up to the nose. This is the best position for me for all around town and highway stuff.

At fourth position it is just above eye level, until I get up to speed. The screen flexes enough that I can just see over it at 70mph. This is the quietest setting. It also means that around town I am looking through the shield. This is my favorite setting for winter. :)

I don't use it in the fifth (highest) position.

I might be tempted to get the +4 if I ever break this one. Would let me use the complete range of settings instead of only the bottom 4.

FWIW, when the wind is really blowing I lower the screen. That reduces the "sail" effect and actually reduces buffeting of the body. Noisy, but, then again, when the wind is gusting 30-40mph from a front quarter, the windshield isn't really protecting much anyway ;)

Last edited:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Different approach. I got the +4 and thought it was too tall for most conditions. So I cut off 3" from the BOTTOM (same as the hole spacing) That allowed me to use the top holes for the bottom screws and I drilled new holes for the top screws. So now I have a +4" - 3". The curl at the top is still in place. It is still about 1 1/4" taller than the OEM windshield. I also opened up the notch in the bottom a little more than stock, allowing a little more air under which reduced turbulance a little. Not much more rain gets through.

I'm 6'-0" with a 32" inseam and riding on the OEM seat I use the first notch down most of the time. When its windy I put it up to the top and around town I put it down another notch or two. In the one notch down position I can see the pavement about 50' ahead looking over the top and in the full up position I see the pavement about 100' to 200' ahead. And on a hot day, if I'm feeling frisky, on a fun road I'll ride with it full down.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I like my CeeBailey and agree that it's a good investment. But I still think ear plugs are an even better investment and won't ride without them. And that's with a quieter-than-most helmet, the Schuberth C-3.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I like my CeeBailey and agree that it's a good investment. But I still think ear plugs are an even better investment and won't ride without them. And that's with a quieter-than-most helmet, the Schuberth C-3.
+1 on that. I use earplugs to save what's left of my hearing. Hearing loss is real sneaky. You don't notice it till it's too late. Use the earplugs.

Bike
choosing
That is going to be my next investment for my NT!
Yep....that shield (+4 light tint) will be my next purchase.

I ALWAYS use ear protection. I already have tinnitis from 5 years working in an oil
refinery. The pipelines were thick over my head and the product roaring through
them took its toll, not to mention live rock concerts and being a disco rooster in my
younger years........

Joe

Last edited:
Bike
choosing
Conventional wisdom here is that the Slipstream is not as high quality as
the Cee Bailey. I have read complaints of cracking. Maybe I am full of hot
air, but that is what I remember. You may also want to check out a
company called Zero Gravity. I had their shields on my VFR. No complaints.
Good people to work with.

Joe

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Zero Gravity makes good stuff--had a ZG on my Ninja. I like my CeeBailey +4 with a light tint. I always wear ear plugs--except when I ride in town. I had a custom set made at our local hearing center. I have Tinnitus from a noisy war and the "one size fits all" variety makes it worse.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I had a Zero Gravity Touring screen on my Suzuki GS500F. It was good quality and i recall it worked reasonably well. For easy to install wind management on the NT also look at Laminar Lip. I have the lip on mine. It is very effective and well made. Easy to install, no tools required as it uses Duo Lock fasteners that stick on.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I had a Laminar Lip on my Connie and it did work, but the Cee Bailey was much better (and cost more).

Top Bottom