Center Stand

Bike
Bonneville T120
I had an interesting issue develop today. I was riding down a road that was paved a few days ago only to find that construction had rendered it unpaved today. As a truck approached from the opposite direction I was left little choice and was compelled to run over a fairly large rock. It banged up against the bottom of the bike and the noise that continued made me think it some how was bouncing around on the top of the center stand under the bike. I pulled over to find that the noise was the center stand banging off the ground.

I quickly realized that the springs that holds the center stand in place had been knocked off the cycle by the large rock. I went back and found the springs. I secured some wire and tied the center stand up so I could get home to my tools and worry about it later. After having some dinner, I went out and hooked it back together, but I have one issue. There are two springs, one fits inside the other. There is a small hook on one side, and the other side has a wire, about 2 or 3 inches long, with a hook on the end. Having never look closely at the assembly before I knocked the springs off, I wasn't sure if the long wire side was hooked to the bike or the center stand. I think I hooked the spring side to the bike and the wire side to the center stand.

Does anybody know which is the right way this should be assembled? A quick look at your bike would determine this.

Thanks
Dan

Top Bottom