Changed from BT 023 to PR 3's

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Just put on two new PR 3's on Labor Day. I was happy with my BT 023's but the higher mileage that others were reporting with the PR 3's and the a not that much higher price convinced me to give the PR 3's a go.

I got 10,000 plus on my BT rear wheel, much more on the front but I'm hoping for something close to Rick's 19,000 for the PR 3's.

Also, does anyone else have problems with the rear brake caliper position when taking the wheel off? I let it slip down and ended up taking off the brake line to remove it.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Yep the caliper has to be in just the right position, Hold your toungue just right, make three turns to the right, stub your big toe, and slip the wheel in there. :) :) :)

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but I will say this....I took off the rear fender when I changed tires and the caliper was a non- issue....roll the tire in, unhang the caliper from whatever you have it hanging from, and put it on....it must be harder if you elect to not remove the rear fender....I cant wait to see how much milage I get out of my PR 3s. The Goldwing Dunlop E3s go 20,000 mi on my Concours and now I see they are making duel compound E3s......
Yep the caliper has to be in just the right position, Hold your toungue just right, make three turns to the right, stub your big toe, and slip the wheel in there. :) :) :)

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I think the roads out west must be paved with billiard table felt or something
My rear PR3 lasted only 7700 miles in Texas,OK and AR
My front from the same set is at 13K and counting
The BT023 I put on just before Spearfish is at 4500 and I can already tell it isnt going to do much better than the Michelin

I dont ride hard, so I'm at a loss why I can't keep rubber on the back of my bike

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Agreed Red, it must be the TX chip-n-seal. Just replaced my rear PR3 with right at 10k miles. Pushed the last one to almost 12k and that was mistake (chords showing in the middle of weekend trip).

Top Bottom