Chuck's Not the Only One Who Loves Living in Colorado!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
My alley finally melted enough for me to get out by going west for about 200 yards. It was 56F when I left here at 1:30 this afternoon. I had decided to head north towards Cheyenne, then take Campstool Road over to Carpenter, back into Colorado at Hereford, then down through Briggsdale to Kersey, and home.

Not as scenic as some of the rides Chuck's shared with us, but interesting nevertheless. The weather contributed to that. By the time I'd gotten to Eaton on US-85, the wind had shifted from the SE to the NNW and picked up quite a bit of velocity while loosing quite a few degrees of warmth. I was glad I'd put my heated vest on and equally glad that with my repaired electrical system I could crank the heated grips up to 5 and have the juice to run the vest.

Campstool Road, southeast of Cheyenne is one of the twistier roads in SE WY. It's got, oh, maybe 10 or 15 curves before you get to Carpenter. Back in Colorado and heading south from Hereford, the wind was much more comfortable, hitting me in the back rather than from the front or side. The blue skies I'd enjoyed were gone and there was very little color anywhere. The closer I got to Greeley, the more oilfield traffic there was since this is one of the hotbeds of fracking (no evidence that there's any slowdown of oilfield activity around here. Yet.).

Better rides are in the future, but today's ride was a ride and it felt pretty good.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 red NT 700, 1985 Kaw
I AM JEALOUS!! As I drove my truck to work this morning I slide down the hill going to my house, you know the one Phil! It will be a while before I can ride, but the snow is beautiful, and it has been warm to the point that the lake has not yet froze.
Looking forward to spring!

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Rocky, I think of you and your beautiful scenic view fro front room or patio with most everything snow covered in a post card scene.But thinking of how nasty that nice little road down to the pavement has to be when snow and ice covered makes me shiver! I think I would be more like a bear in hibernation ! as you mentioned you were thinking about , I would certainly have to have storage arranged someplace down below for a bike, and possibly for a snow mobile to get down and up the hill if I were fortunate enough to be living there!

Eldon

Top Bottom