Clear film protector

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I let it dry last night when out this morning and spayed S-100 clearer on it as it still had some black marker from pattern. It really hard to tell it is on the area. Little more shinny and very smooth. I think it will do a very good job protecting area. I tried a different film, it was much harder to get smooth, and always had bubbles. It is not the expensive, so give it a try. Make a paper pattern, test pattern, spray some water (I use Windex) and there you go really for a trip or bad weather. I put it on the knee area, on top of larger bag lids, and front of fender.

Marker

That is a good price for that product. I usually go scrounging for small scrap pieces at places that install it on cars etc. Buy them a coffee and they go srounging in their waste bin for pieces that I can use.

I put it on semi-permanently when I get a new bike and leave it on until I am ready to sell it. On my last bike, due to knee problems I always rubbed my boot over the tank (Vulcan 900) which would have scratched the tank. It looked awfull but when I took the tank looked like new. I also put it on the fender tip and any other place that could get more wear and tear. On the NT, I have it on the saddle bags at the front end and a small piece where you are supposed to push to get them closed, as well as the fender tip. Was considering putting it on the light in case I got a rock hitting there. It may just save the light, but I think the film scratches pretty easy and my diminish the light output, and there are other products made just for that.

Kind of wierd though to want you bike looking better when you sell it than when you ride it. haha.

docta

http://www.findtape.com/product173/ISC-Helicopter-OG-Outdoor-Grade-Surface-Guard-Tape.aspx
Been using this stuff with good success here at the Retirement Home for years......including on headlights to stop stone damage and other deterioration.......has worked very well and is easily removed/replaced when necessary.......is also called racer's tape and helicopter tape.....supposedly used on leading edges of helicopter blades to prevent/mitigate damage during landing/takeoff.......

TW

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I've used 3M's clear protective film (I'm assuming similar to what you're using) on my bikes and it works really well.

Top Bottom