Closeout on Cortech Hydro GT Gloves

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I bought a pair. Appear to be pretty well made. Was looking for a water proof glove that had some armor in it. One concern will be if they breath enough so that my hands don't sweat to much. Will start wearing them on my commute in the morning.

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
I bought a pair also. They just arrived today, and seem to be very well made. Can't wait to try them out for real, especially in the rain to see how waterproof they are. My prior experience with "waterproof" gloves was poor.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I bought a pair also. They just arrived today, and seem to be very well made. Can't wait to try them out for real, especially in the rain to see how waterproof they are. My prior experience with "waterproof" gloves was poor.
How does the sizing run? big or small?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I typically wear a large in gloves. Thats what I ordered and they fit pretty much like the other large gloves I have.

OP
OP
Rob

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I usually wear anywhere from L to 2XL gloves. I bought XL and they are a little bit snug, but they're goatskin so I suspect they will stretch a bit as they break in. I am fine with the fit, and probably would have been ok with 2XL as well. Large would have been too small.

I like the double-wrap gauntlet cuff thing they have. But I bought them primarily for the armor. $45 was a good price for armored gloves in my opinion.

I'm with Warren - curious to see how they'll be in the heat and how they hold up to getting wet. They have venting underneath the big silver metal plate, and another spot a bit above the wrist that looks like it would let water right in. Maybe it's a one-way thingie.

If they're too hot on the hottest days I'll stick to my lightweight, unarmored, mesh gloves but these will replace my other go to pair.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
I bought a pair in XL. Arrived yesterday. I suspect they may be a little too heavy for desert summers.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I view these as more of a spring and fall glove. In the heat of summer I think you are better off wearing a mesh glove and let you hands get wet. Mesh also dries quicker than leather. Unfortunately most mesh gloves have little to no armor in them. Its hard to find the perfect glove for four season use. I usually carry a couple pair of different types in my top box to choose from. These gloves are still a bargin at $49.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I have about 500 or so miles with these gloves now, ranging from 58 to 82 degrees. I am fine with them up until about 75 or 80 degrees - then they're too warm. Even at 70, they're a little warm, but when I take my hands out, they're dry.

But when it got to 80 and I switched to my mesh, it was much better. I agree fully with Warren about armor and mesh - as well as a four season glove. I now have four pairs of gloves. But the price couldn't be beat on these. I'll only wear the Gerbings gloves when it's wicked cold because these cortech ones should do well in cool weather and have all that armor.

I'll probably be in the market for new mesh gloves soon too. I guess it's never-ending!

Top Bottom