Comparison Tracer and Niken

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Since the Niken won't support itself in the upright position, I really can't see any advantage for those who don't ride aggressively. I do see a lot of downsides though.

Mike

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Since the Niken won't support itself in the upright position, I really can't see any advantage for those who don't ride aggressively. I do see a lot of downsides though.

Mike
Exactly.. we were talking about that this past week at the Rally... if it stood up like the Piaggio scooters then it would make more sense but otherwise, just get a Tracer.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Every time I ride around a lake area, I find gravel on every curve and many intersections from boat trailers. I once dumped my bike on freshly painted white line on a turn (to a street) that had sand on it I did not notice till I was on the ground. The front tire just slide and I could not right the lean. I wonder if two front wheels would of helped?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Every time I ride around a lake area, I find gravel on every curve and many intersections from boat trailers. I once dumped my bike on freshly painted white line on a turn (to a street) that had sand on it I did not notice till I was on the ground. The front tire just slide and I could not right the lean. I wonder if two front wheels would of helped?
According to all the reviews I've read, that kind of situation is exactly the Niken's strongest suit. I think they made a mistake by not having a lock up connected to the front end when stopped. But I'll be durned if I'd ever buy one. Granted, since I don't think I'll ever buy another motorcycle after my NT, I'm not the critic that Yamaha will pay any attention to. :)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
If I wanted a motorcycle that weighed 600+ pounds and cost that much I'd buy a BMW R1200 RT and be real comfortable. The Niken might turn out to be another Corvair (lots of incredible engineering that people will buy).

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
Buy one, not very likely for me. I may have found my next one.14350

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Don't forget the headrest on the back seat and the super sweet basket on the back.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
ABS Yep A Big Seat, Cruse, too. Only one thing needed to add. I hope I'll be ready for such a fine machine and can do it justice on the twisties.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
Tour de France, I was surprised to the number of Nikens in the tour. I think some where refs, and some camera. In the past I think Kawasaki had all support with the old Concours, this year I don't think I am seeing one.

Top Bottom