Contour ROAM camera test with my car

rfoshaug

I've recently got a Contour ROAM camera, which I plan to mount on my helmet and also explore locations on the bike to mount it when spring arrives.

I've done a little test, attaching it to my head while driving a car, just to get a feel for field of view and image quality.

This video is shot at 720p which gives the maximum wide-angle of 170 degrees, while full HD at 1080p gives 125 degrees, which I'll be testing as well.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrDRJBgwIw[/video]

OP
OP

rfoshaug

I think the Contour cameras have a better shape than the GoPro cameras, and should be more suited for helmet mounting, and are less noticable and more "low profile" than the GoPro. As for image quality, I'm not sure which is better.

Also, I like the fact that the camera can easily be operated with a big glove-friendly switch that starts and stops recording with no other buttons required.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I also think the Contour has a better shape for a helmet mount. A GoPro is like a brick sticking out compared to it...

OP
OP

rfoshaug

Here's a little test at 1080p (which gives 125 degrees field of view), complete with a moose crossing the road just ahead of me (braked hard on the icy surface so the ABS engaged, but there was plenty of margin to stop). Light was fading, so a bit of noise in the image, but nothing too bad.

[video=youtube;pZM14GFD59k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZM14GFD59k[/video]

Top Bottom