[Review] Corbin seat with red trim

Igo

I'm sorry to hear that. I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and got it two weeks ago.

Igo

Mine is a huge improvement over stock but I wish they had moved the butt foward a tad like I asked them too. I'm still reaching for the bars a little.

BlackEyes1

I ordered my Corbin today and the sales rep on the phone was very helpful. :smile: After telling her what seat I wanted I explained that I was concerned about losing 1” in seat height being that I am 6’2” with a 34” inseam. She suggested that I have the seat made with 1” extra foam. The order states “move rider back 1” for more leg room, add 1” of foam in seat. Guest does not want to lose the stock height.”

The next item we discussed was the stitching in the seat because of what was posted by Tromper in a different thread.

She, Marissa, told me that the seating surface was two pieces one for the driver and one for the rider so I could have a different stitch if I wanted. :confused: She then suggested that the ST1100 stitching would look good. I asked a second time about the cover not being all one piece. :shrug2: She said it was, so I placed my order as listed below. She estimated 4 to 5 week delivery. It will be interesting to see what I actually receive. If it looks like Jim’s seat I will still be happy.:hat1:

Canyon Dual Sport – no heat – Honda NT700V
Move rider back 1” for more leg room, add 1” of foam in seat. Guest does not want to lose the stock height.
Black Leather Seating, #01
DT Stitch pattern, seating
Black sides
Candy Red Vinyl welt #31
***************************************************************************************************

Silver Ranger,
Have you taken any pictures of your Corbin seat on your bike? I am thinking about getting a Corbin seat but would like to compare it to nccmpig's seat to check the distance. I'm not sure if I want to do the 1'' offsets or not and would like to see the difference if you don't mind. I'm 6'3'' with a 32'' inseam. You appear to have the longer legs vs my longer torso and concerned that moving the rider back 1'' may have me leaning too far forward. While pictures on the web aren't perfect, it should at least give a general idea. All help and comments gratefully accepted.

Silver Ranger

Silver Ranger,
Have you taken any pictures of your Corbin seat on your bike? I am thinking about getting a Corbin seat but would like to compare it to nccmpig's seat to check the distance. I'm not sure if I want to do the 1'' offsets or not and would like to see the difference if you don't mind. I'm 6'3'' with a 32'' inseam. You appear to have the longer legs vs my longer torso and concerned that moving the rider back 1'' may have me leaning too far forward. While pictures on the web aren't perfect, it should at least give a general idea. All help and comments gratefully accepted.
BlackEyes1

I posted some photos under Corbin with DT Stitching. I love this seat. The surface is a little slippery so when I slow down quickly I slide forward a little. I assume this will go away as the seat breaks in. I made some measurements and created the attached drawing. The red line is the profile of the center of the Corbin seat and the black is the OEM seat. As you can see the Corbin sits much higher in the rear and is about a 1/2" lower in the driver?s seat. I don?t notice much difference in body position between the two. I have a slight lean forward when I push myself back in the seat for better leg room. This is with 1" bar risers from MCL.

Attachments

BlackEyes1

Silver Ranger,
Thank you so much for your response and drawing. It has been very helpful in my designing processing. I hope to put in my order tomorrow and look forward to posting my own pictures :)

Top Bottom