Cordura riding pants with armor?

Bud

Has anyone had any experience with the Cordura riding pants with armor? The price looks good but I'm thinking they might be to hot for summer riding. I'm looking for some riding pants with armor for my wide and I that don't cost to much but protects well and is comfortable. Thanks much for your help.

Keep the rubber side down and ride safe.

Bud

Nicole

I have the Cortech Tourmaster Mesh pants. Sorry I don't have a link for you on them, but they come with a rain proof liner and insulated liner. the combo of the liners are perfect for me down in florida.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have had the ICON ARC Cordura riding pants for four years. They are very comfortable and not too hot in the summer. We had a particularly hot summer in 2011, and they were uncomfortable in heavy stop and go traffic--otherwise they were fine. I may get a pair of "Draggin Jeans" when my weight stabilizes.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I usually wear an Aerostitch. But if it's really cold (down in the 30s) and I'm making a long trip, I'll wear my RoadGear XCaliber Jacket and Tierra del Fuego pants. They both have zip-in liners. With the liner out, the pants are OK in the summer for me, but the jacket is warmer than the 'Stitch. The Stitch is easier to get into and out of.

rcase13

Are all of these pants considered overpants that can be worn over jeans?

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have 1 armored jacket and one pair of armored pants.

They are both Olympia and are about 5 years old with around 80k miles on them. They are still in excellent condition. I've ridden in just about every imaginable weather condition with them. The jacket is the Airglide and the pants are the Airglide Overpants.

I wear them all year and only vary what liners I place inside them. Although the included liners are waterproof, I prefer a rain suit over my gear.

The gear is well vented in the summer and the overpants with their full leg zippers are VERY easy to wear over jeans, slacks, or (for a cooler option in the summer) shorts. I can easily throw the pants over my dress slacks/suit pants and not worry about them getting dirty.

With the insulated liners, the jacket and pants are quite warm and with heated liners inside that, I've ridden comfortably down to 0F. The jacket and pants have very good reflective material and plenty of pockets for storage. The gear include CE armor in all the right places. A very flexible, long lasting, quality product.

I don't know if these would qualify as "low cost" since together they will run you about $520. But this is a set of gear that you'll only need one of and will last you a very long time.

Olympia has many many different styles and colors (also available in women's cut). My wife has the women's version of the airglide are really likes it. Here are the current version airglide product.

Bike
Silver NT700V
My riding suit is from Olympia also. I have the GT Air Transitions jacket. Very versatile with two liners, waterproof and separate insulation. The pants are AST, mostly mesh with a waterproof insulating liner. I have worn thhis for 30,000+ miles in all weathers. Temps have ranged from 25 to 115 degrees and light to heavy rain. Have always stayed dry and usually warm. Well, not on the night it was 25 degreees with a 25 mph wind.

I sized everything to fit over street clothes and that is how I always wear it. Clothes range from slacks and dress shirt to jeans and polos to hiking pants.

Be sure to have all liners installed when trying on a suit or it will get too tight to move.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Everyday riding (commuuting) I wear kevlar lined jeans (Draggin brand) with knee armor.

For trips I just bought some Tourmaster Venture Air pants (I have a Kilimanjaro jacket). They seem very well built and I look forward to using them.

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
One problem I have had with this stuff is getting it in long enough leg and sleeve lengths and still look like my stylishly slim self. With enough careful selection I find I can get the jackets close enough (glove gauntlets make up the difference adequately), but overpants remain a problem. I live with bulky pants to get enough leg length.

This is a bit more than an ego-gratification issue. When not wearing the overpants ('cause the weather is really nice), but carrying them nonetheless ('cause I know it may not remain nice), they take up unnecessary room in the luggage.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
That's one of the differences. I wear them as riding pants, not overpants. If it is cold I wear a base layer long johns under them. When warm bike shorts.

The Tourmaster come in different lengths as well as waist sizes.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I a not as adventuresome ad you. Ill find a gas station and change in the restroom

ALso required since I am usually carrying a firearm so don't want to scare the gentler folks.

Top Bottom