Cramp Busters, Walgreens and Women's Feet

Bike
2011 NT700v
I'm not a fan of vibration. Apparently I can't take it like I used to. I have been looking for ways to reduce hand fatigue and numbness on long rides. I've added foam grip covers, an mcl riser and a set of fingerless gel gloves. I also added a cramp buster. I ended up with two as the first one I bought was silver, not black.

A couple days ago, in a moment of inspiration, as I stood in line at Walgreens, I started looking at Dr Scholl's stuff.
What I saw was a pair of Walgreen's Women's gel pads made for the ball of the foot. It looked like it would fit on a Cramp Buster. I bought a pair.

I just got done with 120 miles. I had no hand fatigue at all on the my throttle hand. IT WORKS. No annoying vibration, totally comfortable. I got my other cramp buster out out and put it on the left side along with the other gel pad. I did another 60 miles back. What a difference. The gel pads self stick, they cost 6 bucks, they trimmed to fit with a scissors. I can't say enough good things about the way it worked.

This mod gets a thumbs up!!!!

fltsfshr

Last edited:

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
The title of this thread gave me a chuckle :)
And that's pretty cool. Some of the best/most cost effective farkles probably come from thinking outside of the box like that. Well done! Glad it works for you - maybe some others will give it a try as well.

OP
OP
fltsfshr
Bike
2011 NT700v
Yes. On the ride the lack of vibration on the right compared to the left was really noticeable in my hands.

I'm going to get another black one but here's what the pad looks like on silver.

With my palms resting on the gel pads it was comfortable and close to vibration free.

fltsfshr

Attachments

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I will get some of those. I was devastated when my old summer gloves wore out. They had those kinds of gel pads in the palm. Great stuff.

Gel grips and gel gloves would be nice.

Top Bottom