crankshaft position sensor installation

Bike
2010 NT700V
hey guys hope ya'll are having a great day how hard is it to install a crankshaft position sensor in my NT any tricks or shortcuts thanx

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Just take your time because it's not tricky but it is tedious making clearance to remove the engine left side cover. Where is "NSB"?

I jut did mine, go slow, follow the book to remove the exhaust, and you should be ok. Double check that you tightened the new sensor before you put the cover back on! Yes, i forgot and had to remove the cover a second time.
I didn't have to loosen the header bolts myself, just remove the back half, and i was able to wiggle the engine cover off and on. One of the hardest things for me was getting the exhaust cover off. There is a bolt under the rear footpeg that i ended up using vise grips to get loose. I put that one bolt back on before i installed the exhaust to make it a little easier

OP
OP
LDiablo
Bike
2010 NT700V
Just take your time because it's not tricky but it is tedious making clearance to remove the engine left side cover. Where is "NSB"?
New Smyrna Beach Florida is about 25 miles south of Daytona Beach on the east coast of Florida. NSB is also known as the " Shark bite Capital of the World " jt

I jut did mine, go slow, follow the book to remove the exhaust, and you should be ok. Double check that you tightened the new sensor before you put the cover back on! Yes, i forgot and had to remove the cover a second time.
I didn't have to loosen the header bolts myself, just remove the back half, and i was able to wiggle the engine cover off and on. One of the hardest things for me was getting the exhaust cover off. There is a bolt under the rear footpeg that i ended up using vise grips to get loose. I put that one bolt back on before i installed the exhaust to make it a little easier
Thanx for the info been putting it off for months time to get off my arse and put that pup in jt

OP
OP
LDiablo
Bike
2010 NT700V
Just finished the install this past weekend and it went well thank y'all for the help and it seems to be fixed while I had it down I installed a Delkevic exhaust saved about 15lbs and it sounds great jt

Top Bottom