CTX700 Review

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I would like that bike a whole bunch more if it wasn't for all the blacked out parts
A bike like that will never look clean
I'd like to see what it would look like with a silver engine and tranny
Much better, I'll warrant

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
When I saw how little the bike could lean before scraping the pegs, I said to myself that I definitely made the right choice with the NT700V.

Chris
Same here, but if they ever put that DCT on a sport-touring bike then I might change my mind.

I was excited when I first saw the CTX, but only till I got a good look at the profile. I couldn't believe that the foot pegs were way out in front of the grips. Definitely not my style. I'm not shaped like that.

Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
They got an un-faired ctx700 here in NH, and I was able to sit on it, they (stealer) wouldnt let me ride it.
SEAT-Its really comfy - super wide gunfighter seat - same foam as the NT. The bike is wide between the knees like the NT and I would say the transmission is a little fatter (6 speed manual version).
The HANDLEBARS- are positioned perfectly for me (cruiser style)- flat black powdercoat may chalk , it all looks pretty cheap controls
WIND-It appears to have better than average wind protection for the legs because there is alot of plastic around the radiator.
GLOVEBOX- will hold a cassette tape case, it does have a waterproof seal on it so maybe this is for an ipod or iphone? It hinges like a flight spoiler so I wonder if it rattles?
KICKSTAND - total garbage, thought it was going to break.
Engine area and aft to drive line is all black plastic, the cheap flexi kind.
GAGES - all LCD, looked really nice quality.
TIRES- bridgestone bt23's. looked way better than bridgestone bt020's.
WHEELS- 70's UJM cast, I liked them as they are black shiny and with only 1 disk rotor, you can actually get to the schraeder valve.
PIPE- ka-ka as cruisers go. weird plastic thing hides massive box under the bike. Smog stuff i guess.
PAINT- sweet paint and all the shiny black paint was gorgeous
PAX PEG- yep , forget it - trix r for kids on this bike. The peg combined with the gunfighter seat makes no room for the fender bunnies.
CRAZY RABBIT.

Wish I could ride one with the full fairing, this one was neck-id.

Bike
Bonneville T120
I saw this in person for the first time yesterday. I hopped on and it feels super light. I think it's aimed at new riders. I immediately thought it would be a good bike for my wife. Overall I was pretty impressed.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
I got to look at and sit on one, the naked version...told them if they get one with the full fairing and DCT that I would have to ride it...its comfortable for sure, but I need to ride it to get a real feel for it.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I sat on the nekkid one today. They said that they had the one with the fairing down the street coming out of the crate today. I might see it next week. I thought the naked one was a pretty good looking bike, but it's not a position I like. But I betcha' they sell lost of them.

The salesman I was talking to, said, without knowing that I had an NT, that he preferred the NT, and had been disappointed that it hadn't sold well.

They have a red '10 with a price of $9,999 sitting on the floor, but since they sold me my silver '10 ABS-version for $9599 in 2010, I'm pretty sure that they sell this one for $9,000 or under.

kenstone

I sat on one and asked the salesman about peg placement on the other models, and got the "I don't have a clue" blank stare.
So I can only judge this by the pics I've seen, and all models seem to have the same peg placement:(.
Hopefully someone will correct my assumption:redface:
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

kenstone

Warren:
Just had a look at the CB500F and the CB500X.
Like the seat on the X better, just can't get too excited about all the bikes looking like some mutant bug in the headlight front view, and the rear wheel to fender gap, like there's 12 inches of suspension.
jmo

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Warren:
Just had a look at the CB500F and the CB500X.
Like the seat on the X better, just can't get too excited about all the bikes looking like some mutant bug in the headlight front view, and the rear wheel to fender gap, like there's 12 inches of suspension.
jmo
I was looking at the new 500s too, decided that the NC700X would be better for me. If they would have given the 500X the same treatment with the storage where the gas tank normally is, I would have found it more interesting. The 700X gets almost the same mileage. I would totolly use that trunk and if I didn't already have a good city bike (DR650) I would be very interested in the NC700X. My first bike was chain driven and the maint. on the DR650 chain is not much of a chore, so the chain drive doesn't bother me. However, I agree with others that say the NC700X with a belt would probably be a wonderful combination for it's target audience.

Last edited:
Bike
Bonneville T120
Well I was right, CTX700 caught the wife's fancy. She didn't want to pull the trigger yesterday, but may in the spring. The model with the fairing seemed to have a slightly lower seat height. Four of us agreed on that.
Also, they have two NC700s on the floor. The seat on one was lowered by 2 inches and they said it could be lowered 2 more. I had no interest in the original but with a lower seat .......?

Top Bottom