Cup / drink holder

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a BagsConnection City Bag that I bought from Twisted Throttle. I also have a thermal coffee cup with an open-ended (on the bottom) handle. The cup fits nicely in the left-hand rear corner of the bag and works very well for me.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
So who's got or made a holder for drinks / cups for the driver ?
:shrug2: :confused:

In Europe the idea of a motorcycle is to ride it somewhere you can have a coffee (or a cuppa, if you're English). Have a chin wag, then ride it to the next coffee stop etc...
:smile_popcorn:

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
In some parts of this country that is the concept as well. My Sunday morning ride includes a stop at my favorite coffee shop, which is also a bike gathering spot (one of the few good roads in the area).

Others like to do some miles so having something to drink while riding is necessary. And out here in the western states it is sometimes quite a bit between towns where you can stop. And some of those towns do not have a coffee shop, just a greasy gas station if you're lucky :)

Bike
Black NT700VA-8 ABS
So when I have my crash hat on how do I get a drink from a cup without some sort of plumbed in pipework........ just curious - have enough trouble avoiding everyone with two hands on the bars and eyes on the road!!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
So when I have my crash hat on how do I get a drink from a cup without some sort of plumbed in pipework........ just curious - have enough trouble avoiding everyone with two hands on the bars and eyes on the road!!
That's why I wear a modular helmet. My first helmet was a Shoei full-face. It didn't last long after I saw a modular helmet.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
ROFLMAO

I do agree on the modulars. Also allows smoking a cigar every now and then too :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
This is where it gets tricky. Flip the modular chin bar up. Lean back against your backrest or camping gear on the pillion. Place feet on the handlebars so you can continue to steer properly. Then bring the cup up slowly to your lips to enjoy that wonderful taste of fresh coffee.
Cruise control helps when you're steering with your feet -- unless you've got prehensile toes.

Top Bottom