Custom Paint

Bike
2011 NT700v
I have a friend who's a world class air brusher and illustrative painter. He owes me a little of his time. I was considering something on the scoot. Perhaps some ghosting here and there.

I looked on the web to see if I could find some examples of NT's with custom paint and couldn't find any.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

fltsfshr

jackgermain

A custom paint job may make it difficult to trade in or sell the bike if needed in the future. Like Tattoo Paul said, everyone has their own idea what looks good. Adding that special paint for your liking may weed out 99% of potential buyers down the road.

OP
OP
fltsfshr
Bike
2011 NT700v
That"s OK. I'm just looking for ideas. I'm considering a ghost variation of the honda wings.

fltsfshr

jackgermain

That just might work. That's not a very personable paint job and would actually flatter the bike. Good luck

slider

Since you already have the far and away best looking color just do small subtle changes. Honda did a wonderful job on the 2011's. :wink:

OP
OP
fltsfshr
Bike
2011 NT700v
I think I'm going to take the honda wing concept and play with it.

Enlarge and rotate it in the same place to fit the curves of the cowl. If we take advantage of the bike line and the flare on the edge, we should be able to continue something on the top edge of the side boxes. He's going to do up a sketch for me.

fltsfshr

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Let me know if you want it and I will send you the real anotomically correct pic! :eek1:
I've got a problem - there's a black box on my screen that's messin' up that picture, Chris!!

Top Bottom