Denali D1 Fender Mount Fiasco

OP
OP
tawilke46

tawilke46

Here is pic of my D2's on tip over wings. There is a thread here somewhere with more detail and pics of someone else's install on the wings.

Brad
Brad,
What mounting bracket did you use to mount the lights on the tip over wings? The large one that came with the lights (M10) or the M6 fender mount system?
Did you drill a hole in the plastic wing only or do you have to drill any metal? Did you have to use a backing material inside the wing to help suport the mount?

Tomorrow I am going to remove one of the tip over wings to check this location out.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Check the following thread and pics from freezingalaskan for the under tip over wing install details. He seems to be the originator ofthe idea. The mounting is secure and pretty easy, no brackets need building or such. I did use the smaller M6 mounts. Add washers as spacers and longer bolts.

http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?449-Installing-Denali-LED-Driving-Lights/page5

On another note my garage floor is not stained, just my photography I guess. The floor is concrete finished very smooth. Probably like you would finish a house slab if you were going to lay tile or similar floor. The finish is smooth enough the bike sometimes slides a little when going on/off the center stand.

Brad

Top Bottom