Dirty Pictures of the DR

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Today after a long winter I took the DR out and found some dirt. Got it a bit dirty with the snow melt 0n the Forest Service roads. Here are some pics taken today.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looks like fun, Chuck, even if it doesn't look like you got the DR very dirty. Where did you ride?

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Thanks for sharing. On the second to last photo, do you know what rear tire on the other DR? I originally bought anakee 3 tires for my big trip this summer, but am thinking I should go with a more conventional road legal knobby.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I gotta admit, those do look fun. I could see myself getting a DR or KLR in the future.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Thanks for sharing. On the second to last photo, do you know what rear tire on the other DR? I originally bought anakee 3 tires for my big trip this summer, but am thinking I should go with a more conventional road legal knobby.
Don't remember the brand name, but he told me it was a German manufacturer. Relatively new in the US. Are you still planning on riding the DR to Colorado this year.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Don't remember the brand name, but he told me it was a German manufacturer. Relatively new in the US. Are you still planning on riding the DR to Colorado this year.
Yes. That is still the plan. I have a pile of parts already to put on to make the DR a budget adventure bike. I have it apart now and am going to put a leaner needle in the carb. It is running really rich and I am only averaging 42 mpg. I want to be closer to 50 and want it running better. The pumper carb is a bit thirsty. I am looking for a better balance of smooth throttle response and good fuel economy. My stock carb was so lean that it surged at low steady speeds. Once I have the carb sorted out I have HID bulb for the headlight, led bulbs for the taillight and license plate. This should save enough wattage to help with heated gear without putting in that upgraded stator. Also ready to go on are racks, nelson rigg waterproof bags (bright yellow :) ), and a windscreen. I am going to just deal with the stock suspension on this trip.

So far the DR Has been the opposite of my NT. I have changed and tweaked almost everything about it. I only put bar risers and a top box on my NT before it's big trip.

Top Bottom