Do you use the crampbuster?

prof98801

Was wondering if any of you use the crampbuster on your NT? Did you buy the narrow or wider 1 3/8"? Was wondering if the wider one would interfere with the throttle when shifting? I am not ready for a cruise control at this point. I do get soreness in my wrists due to arthritis.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Yes, I use a wider one on long trips. It's easy to to remove. I keep it in my right fairing pocket.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have the narrow one. I only use it for longer trips. I remove it during the week days when commuting and store it in the glove box. It comes on and off fairly easily. I have the Honda heated grips and even though they are larger in diamenter the standard model works on them.

Bike
Bonneville T120
I have only seen one so I don't know if it's the narrow or wide model. I used it on my Shadow and now use it on the NT. Well I used it on the NT before the deep freeze hit in New England and I'll use it in the spring. I also have Honda heated grips and have no issues.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Rider Magazine's blog had a review of the "Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control" today. It's got a knurled nut between the bar end and the throttle and looks like it would be easier to use than the Throttlemeister. They're made in South Africa and the Kaoko website shows one for the NT700V; but the US distributor only shows two for Hondas and the NT isn't one of them. But they've got one for the ST1300 and I wouldn't be surprised if that fits the NT. Then the only issue would be if it would fit both heated and unheated grips.

CoolNT

Rider Magazine's blog had a review of the "Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control" today. It's got a knurled nut between the bar end and the throttle and looks like it would be easier to use than the Throttlemeister. They're made in South Africa and the Kaoko website shows one for the NT700V; but the US distributor only shows two for Hondas and the NT isn't one of them. But they've got one for the ST1300 and I wouldn't be surprised if that fits the NT. Then the only issue would be if it would fit both heated and unheated grips.
IIRC, for the ST1300, they state with or w/o so no issues for the ST and they use a single part number.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I bought one for my first bike, Suzuki GS500F. It really helps on longer rides. On the first ride with the NT (about 300 miles) I forgot to move the Crampbuster. What a difference! The crampbuster takes a lot of effort out of holding the throttle for long periods. I moved it over as soon as I got home. I have the wide one, but mostly because that what was in stock when I bought it. I thought the width would make it get in the way or feel odd, but it does not.

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

CoolNT

How well do the wide CrampBusters work the Honda heated grips? Do they get in the way of the heated grips or?

Top Bottom