Dropped bike, broken windshield

Mel

Bike
2010 red NT
I dropped my bike last night, pulling out of a driveway of thick gravel. The only damage was a broken Cee Bailey windshield, which I really liked. It gave me the least head buffeting and wind noise of any of the bikes/shields I have owned. So now I need to replace it, and I understand that Cee Bailey no longer makes motorcycle products, and that some of you guys had problems with them anyway.
Since I never had a stock shield on the bike (it came with the C-B), the first thing I need to know is the height dimension of a stock one for comparison purposes as I go shopping. Can someone please give me that measurement (measured in the center).
I will read other threads on here about aftermarket windshields, but would appreciate any newer, updated info and opinions.

Thanks,

Mel Neff

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
Broken windshield, bruised ego. Sounds like nothing physical happened to you, although you may find evidence of an overworked muscle in a day or two.

The stock shield is 5" above the 'brow' of the instrument cluster at its lowest setting, 11-7/8" at the highest. The screen itself, measured along the centerline of the bike, measures 14-7/8" from bottom to top.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
try 7jurock.com they have NT screens, I just ordered screen for spyder and looked to see if NT, yep 2 styles I think. sensibly priced

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I was under the impression that Calsci stopped making motorcycle windshields or am I mistaking them with Cee Bailey? Getting old has its problems! :confused:

OP
OP

Mel

Bike
2010 red NT
Thanks, Sojourner, for the detailed measurements, that will help a lot.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
CeeBailey definitely is out of the motorcycle windshield business. Apparently, CalSci is not, but I had thought they had quit too. Clearview never made an NT screen.

tawilke46

National Cycle V Stream,
Parabellum,
Givi,
CalSci??

Ebay has a multitude of VStream sellers. Not sure if Parabellum, Givi, or CalSci still make NT windscreens.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
I like a short screen, so my helmet is in the airflow. However, maybe you might consider trying a stock screen with a wind deflector?

I just happened to watch this tonight while perusing youtube videos. I like these FortNine videos, but this one is a little more corny than most.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i92TqZUMUmc

The product he's referring to:

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/visors-and-deflectors/multiregulable-visor-quotclip-onquot#responsivetab2

https://www.amazon.com/Puig-6375H-Light-Smoke-Multi-Adjustable/dp/B00GA3BC62/

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I have been there and done that several months ago in my own driveway as well. I can understand and can sympathize with you on your bruised pride.

Your windshield broke just easily as mine because they were both made from acrylic. When looking for a replacement windshield I would recommend that you find one that is made of polycarbonate. You will be looking to spend about $170-200 for a replacement windshield, there's no way getting about that.

[video=youtube;Hsls5ZPCUnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsls5ZPCUnE[/video]

Cee Bailey is no longer making motorcycle windshields, so you will have to look elsewhere.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V #0439
I got a national cycle from Amazon $170. It is a great improvement over the stock windshield.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I think I have my old stock windshield. You can have it for free if you need something to use until you get a new aftermarket one.

If I remember right it has some scratches, but is perfectly usable.

Just let me know if you want it. It has just been sitting in my basement for years. I haven't even owned and NT in over 3 years.

OP
OP

Mel

Bike
2010 red NT
Thanks for the offer, Artemedes, but that won't be necessary. I have other bikes I can ride while I'm waiting.

Top Bottom